ILC Prime increase UK activity

A

Anonymous

<A href="http://www.ukanime.com/">UKAnime.com</A> has reported that ILC Prime are stepping up their interest in releasing anime (and hentai) in the UK, having recently acquired some new titles for a release in 2005 as well as actively looking to continue to licence anime for future release in the UK.<ul><b>Their new titles include:</b><span class=menu><li>Dominion Tank Police<li>Humanoid<li>Project Ako<li>MD Geist<li>La Blue Girl Returns</span></ul>ILC Prime have previously released the (hentai) 'Darkness' Trilogy on DVD in the UK and fans of Manga UK's mid-90s VHS releases will no doubt remember the likes of Dominion Tank Police and Project AKO with fond memories.

Read more...

Source: Anime UK News
News, views and reviews for the UK anime community

Not really sure what to make of this news. Its good to see classics like Dominion Tank Police get a DVD release, but then they also seem determined to bring hentai over here too. Very much like Manga UK used to be a few years ago.

But I'm all for seeing another anime distributor in the UK, and hopefully if they get a bit of money from these releases, they will start to bring over some decent stuff.

I went on a big anime hunt the other day in the junk shops around Brid and Dominion Tank Police (on VHS) was the only anime I found (either people here love anime too much to sell it, or no one has any). I didn’t buy it, but I assume it’s good as it’s based on the manga by Masamune Shirow.

Anyway, nothing has got me excited about this line-up but hopefully they will build but bigger and better release as time goes on.

On a side note; UK anime distributors just keep on coming:-

ADV
MVM
Manga
Beez
Optimum Asia
TokyoPop?
ILC Prime
(I’ve probably missed someone) :idea:

Back