Ikki Tousen/Battle Vixens

At first I swore I wouldn't buy this manga, I really did (i.e. didn't really but i'm saying it to make this post larger and for dramatic tension). It had schoolgirls and violent fights and fanservice in a balance that I thought wasn't right for me.

Then Mangaminx tempted me to the dark side (in IRC - visit today!), and I ended up ordering the first two volumes - both fantastic, and i've ordered the next two.

Anyone else here been tempted by the delights of Ikki?

Yeh, I also fell to the darkside. This has fast become one of my favourite reads, the unashamed mix of fanservice and bone-breaking carnage is delightfully OTT and the characters are top notch. It's about time the fighting genre made a comeback and with the likes of Ikki and TenTen it has, in stunning form.

Read all of Tokyopop's English releases so far ( volumes 1-7 ) , I totally love it it . Superior to the anime version which I saw first and with a far superior story.

I love every moment of it, its refreshing bone crunchingly violent. And while Tokyopop's translation may not be entirely accurate ( the main complaint I see levied at the series ) , I find the dialouge to be very entertaining myself , quite tarntino-esqe at times and very adult. ( The quote in my signature is a line from it )

As long as you not offended by the sometimes excessive fanservice and nudity then it really is worth checking out! The majority of the charecters tend to steer clear of sterotypes ( not all of them do mind ) .

Chomolungma said:
Then Mangaminx tempted me to the dark side (in IRC - visit today!), and I ended up ordering the first two volumes - both fantastic, and i've ordered the next two.

Yeah she donw it to me too, ive only read a bit of vol 1 but its pretty fun so ill give the rest a go

Mangaminx said:
Read all of Tokyopop's English releases so far ( volumes 1-7 ) , I totally love it it . Superior to the anime version which I saw first and with a far superior story.

I love every moment of it, its refreshing bone crunchingly violent. And while Tokyopop's translation may not be entirely accurate ( the main complaint I see levied at the series ) , I find the dialouge to be very entertaining myself , quite tarntino-esqe at times and very adult. ( The quote in my signature is a line from it )

As long as you not offended by the sometimes excessive fanservice and nudity then it really is worth checking out! The majority of the charecters tend to steer clear of sterotypes ( not all of them do mind ) .

Listen to her words of wisdom... I also have the 7 manga's she has (1/2 way through 7 now) and as McDonalds say... "I'm Lovin' It!" :p

I'm not a Hentai fan, but I'm used to the topless women pics... If you can get past that, then you will love it.

Back