Ichigo Mashimaro

Chris

Student Council President
I've been watching this since it started a few months ago (mainly since it's on right after FMA)
I'm not usually into this sort of stuff but this show is SO funny!!! I just love the nonsensity of some of it. Has anyone else seen any episodes?

Ichigo Mashimaro

I've seen 3 or 4 and I love them. The general feeling it has, coupled with the gorgeous artwork...
It's my favourite show coming out of Japan at the moment, just great lines, reactions. It reminds me a little of Azumanga, but feels less disjointed.

Yeah, it's really great! I got the PS2 game but only played it once though because it makes me feel like a bit of a perv- I mean, in the game you hang out and exchange mail with 10/11 year old girls :?
The series finished a while ago and I hope they get a new one done soon :)

Chris said:
Yeah, it's really great! I got the PS2 game but only played it once though because it makes me feel like a bit of a perv- I mean, in the game you hang out and exchange mail with 10/11 year old girls :?
The series finished a while ago and I hope they get a new one done soon :)

I assume you're playing as a girl the same age though, so it's okay... :?:
In any case, perviness is dependent on the content of mail, not the act of sending it, surely?

And yes, I want more series, I hope this gets licensed. Is it 13 episodes?

I assume you're playing as a girl the same age though, so it's okay...
In any case, perviness is dependent on the content of mail, not the act of sending it, surely?

And yes, I want more series, I hope this gets licensed. Is it 13 episodes?

No, you play as an old schoolfriend of Nobue, a bloke :shock:
I think it was 12 episodes. The last one was really nice.

Those crazy Japanese games.
I'm surprised it's taken the fansubbers so long to 'do' Mashimaro, if it's been broadcast for months now, I think they're up to episode 5.

I believe in the credits for the show "Geneon US" are listed as putting an investment in the series (which is why animesuki dosent list the show as it considers it licensed) so its likely Geneon will confirm this officially.

I've got the first 2 of the manga, I think theres only about 5 out at the moment. The game is very boring, you mostly just have to press one button to scroll the text and you only move a little, these kind of games really annoy me, like the INCREDIBLY over-long script parts in the Metal Gear/Final Fantasy/ and FMA series' games. Yeah, if I wanted to push buttons reading pointless dialogue (since 90% of the time they always tell you what to do where and when anyway ) I wouldn't be playing a bloody game :x

Just watched episode 4 where Nobue works in a restaurant. Great stuff, funny and not due to OTT anime stylings but due to the characters and how they interact.

One thing though, a bit 'ask our man in Japan', when Nobue says something like "takua" or "takura" the fansubs have it as "jeez".
I'd guess that jeez or jesus isn't part of everday language in Japan, so what does it really translate as?

It's probably "mattaku" or "mattaku wa-" which gets shortened to "-ttaku". It's used quite a lot. It would translate as any of the following:
jeeze, jesus, ****, God, ****, bl**dy hell, etc... It's usually almost whispered so the "ma" part is almost inaudible, or sometimes said really powerfully, almost spat out so the "ma" is almost lost again. Like, when you say the "ma" you exhale through your nose so it sounds a bit like "mha" or "mah", then give a little pause then say the "-ttaku" with a bit of force.
The "wa" at the end isn't really needed but used colloquially.

I could probably go into a lot more detail, but I'd just ramble on like an old war-hero, so I'll leave it at this for now, If you want to know any more, ask any time- on my usual thread would be better or this thread will be killed :lol:

Back