i need some recommendations

memorium

Za Warudo
i'm trying to find a Romantic Comedy, but one that actually has a good Romance side to it, not one where the romance only kicks in turning the very last episodes

any suggestions folks? :)

Do you mean a series where characters are in a romantic relationship from early on? The only shows I can think of that would meet such criteria are His & Her Circumstances and Please Teacher.

Can you provide an example of a show that isn't suitable?

exactly, a show that has the romance kick in fairly early on, but still has some comedy to it

by unsuitability, do you mean what point of view the romance plays out from? because i would lean more towards Seinen and Shounen (i am a guy afterall, so i relate to it better) than Shoujo and Josei

Oddly despite initial not wanting to watch them cause I thought it was yaoi, Junjou Romantica is alright, I'm on series 2. It still is shounen-ai themed but there are no sex scenes (they hint that it happens), but even that isn't particularly frequent, most is kissing usually. It has humor etc, though it's not nonstop slapstick etc. Some of it is very sweet. Some of it is humorous. And one of the couples reminds me of me and James... (Usagi + Misaki, with Usagi being me, minus his inability to cook and do other chores...)
(FTR, I don't like sex scenes no matter what sex coupling, just not my thing).

i agree with fabricatedlunatic tht please teacher is a good one , another one which may be a bit off wot your lookin for is somethin i've aquired from the US last month called drogonaut

i heard of Dragonaut, i saw an ad for it but i couldn't read the logo at all! :lol:

and i'll check out Junjuo Romantica as well, sounds different from most other Rom-Coms :)

i was on holiday in florida during last month and picked up a otakuUSA mag and found dragonaut advertised so i went looking for it and found the first of two parts , i've watched it now and waiting for the second part to be released off amazon on the 29th , its been good up to now

yeh i cudn't read it either , i thought it said dragonage , spent an hour in the shop where i got it from trying to find it cos they had a massive selection , did find it tho lol

Series 2 has alot more comedy parts than series 1 FTR :p But it's still not comedy in the all out sense, just humorous moments and situations.

Just Passing Through said:
Ai Yori Aoshi might fit the bill.
i've already seen the first season, and it was marvelous, i started Enishi a while back but haven't watched all of it yet, thanks for your suggestion though :)

i'll be sure to check all of these out over christmas, thanks guys and girls! :D

If you're after a series aimed at the shonen demographic, you might try Video Girl Ai. It doesn't really break any new ground, but it's a decent watch and at six episodes, it doesn't outstay it's welcome the way many rom-com series do.

Failing that, if you enjoyed Seto no Hanayome, you might try Nyan Koi - it's from the same production company and shares some of the key staff. It does have a hint of the harem series about it, but it manages to dodge most of the usual cliches and it's really quite likeable throughout.

Back