Howdy ^_^

JamesX

Magical Girl
Hello everyone!

I've been a fan of Anime and Manga for about a few years now, and I thought it was about time I found some people to talk to about them as my friends have no interest at all..

I've usually got something totally random to say about everything and I'll talk to anyone.

Hope to meet to nice people on here =)

Hi JX. :) Welcome to the forums.
Taking a guess that you like action-filled anime/manga with Elfen Lied and Claymore being your favs. Any other genres or specifics you like?

Big hello and thank you back to you all =)

First off.. My manhood is safe.. I hide it in a box =P

I guess you could say I like the action filled ones mainly yeah.. But Love Hina manga it's great, shame that I thought the anime kind of sucked though.. big let down..
But yeah I do like most genres but when I'm randomly choosing which ones to watch I end up going for the ones that look like they have more action.
Oh and Chobits is my 5th favourite Anime so I'm not totally violence mad.

Claymore is great though.. I saw the anime first and pretty much loved it.. and the manga's even better though in my opinion.

Yo James, welcome to the forums! :p

I'm currently watching the chobits anime (episode 9 at the moment, really liking it.. maybe it'll be one of my favorites if it stays this good) and also reading the love hina manga; I dropped the anime after 1 episode, indeed, it was very bad. Although, the manga is very entertaining- Only on volume 1 though at the moment. Aaaand, I'm also watching claymore! At episode 5 at the moment and I'm enjoying it (not as much as chobits, though). Kind of annoying that in some scenes it's really dark, it's kind of stressful. Bearing in mind the anime is good, I might read the manga after (I could imagine it gets rid of those dark scenes where I can't see what's going on!).

Yagami said:
Yo James, welcome to the forums! :p

I'm currently watching the chobits anime (episode 9 at the moment, really liking it.. maybe it'll be one of my favorites if it stays this good) and also reading the love hina manga; I dropped the anime after 1 episode, indeed, it was very bad. Although, the manga is very entertaining- Only on volume 1 though at the moment. Aaaand, I'm also watching claymore! At episode 5 at the moment and I'm enjoying it (not as much as chobits, though). Kind of annoying that in some scenes it's really dark, it's kind of stressful. Bearing in mind the anime is good, I might read the manga after (I could imagine it gets rid of those dark scenes where I can't see what's going on!).

Chobits is good all the way though I thought, and Chii is just really cute at times, I was thinking about getting the manga to read though as well I liked it that much. As for the love Hina anime.. I managed to watch about 4 episodes hoping that it would get better and be a fraction as good as the manga.. but alas it was pointless..
Claymore is pretty dark all the way though sadly.. gets slightly confusing at one point as well when there is a group of them together.. I'm sure you'll know what part I mean when you get there ^^

Welcome to the Forums James (also my name)! :p
Claymore manga is far superior to the anime in my opinion. The anime was awesome up untill after episode 12 when it started to wander away from the original story. Ah well, we can pray for a second series or a remake but so far it's looking unlikely.
Anywhy, see you around the forum JamesX. ;)

Thank you for the more welcomes =)

Yeah, while reading the Claymore manga you can see where the story line drifted off.. it's a shame really though because I really liked the anime.

Just to clarify, I'm hopeful you will in fact survive. Chaos seems to believe I want you to leave -- this is incorrect. I want to test if you're as big of a man as Chaos, and the only way to do that is to see if you run in fear when told how hard it is to survive on this forum. You did not and, of course, I respect you for it.

I may have been a little harsh on you because of your name but I'm sure, deep down, you're a kind and loving person, and I want you to stay in order to assist me in my effort to help progress the forum from 'kinda dead' to 'kind active'. Are you a big enough man to stay in order for us to reach this goal?

As for Claymore, I loved the anime...until the end. It became really ****** once the filler finale started up. I've wanted to read the manga for awhile but...well, I'm cheap. I only have the funds to throw at books when the books cost £2-£3 (oddly enough, my funds are unlimited then) each, and eBay has allowed me to get a bargain set of Claymore books yet. Like with Berserk, I will one day read the manga, be it on earth or in heaven.

...oh, it's nice to meet you, by the way.

Aion said:
Just to clarify, I'm hopeful you will in fact survive. Chaos seems to believe I want you to leave -- this is incorrect. I want to test if you're as big of a man as Chaos, and the only way to do that is to see if you run in fear when told how hard it is to survive on this forum. You did not and, of course, I respect you for it.

I may have been a little harsh on you because of your name but I'm sure, deep down, you're a kind and loving person, and I want you to stay in order to assist me in my effort to help progress the forum from 'kinda dead' to 'kind active'. Are you a big enough man to stay in order for us to reach this goal?

As for Claymore, I loved the anime...until the end. It became really ****** once the filler finale started up. I've wanted to read the manga for awhile but...well, I'm cheap. I only have the funds to throw at books when the books cost £2-£3 (oddly enough, my funds are unlimited then) each, and eBay has allowed me to get a bargain set of Claymore books yet. Like with Berserk, I will one day read the manga, be it on earth or in heaven.

...oh, it's nice to meet you, by the way.

Thank you for your respect =)
My reason for joining is to make friends and talk about anime, manga and whatever else pops up so I'll survive here I promise! Even if it's just to prove you wrong =P

What's wrong with my name? ='(
I got really bored of the names I used before for websites as they tended to be something to do with dragons or random anime character names.. Thought I'd go for a more normal approach this time.. But if you'd rather me change it to "Chii" or "Aerith" I'm sure it can be arranged some how. =P
But if you really want me to help you in your goal to turn the forum into "kind active" then you'll leave my name alone! deal? =P

But I totally agree on the Claymore ending, I wanted Raki to be more into it and I realised that it just wasn't going to happen in the anime and then the last few episodes just didn't seem to be at the same pace as the rest of the anime, so I went and bought the manga's because I wanted to follow the storyline properly. I've got all my books from Amazon so far.. they were around £4 each, I don't even have an ebay account to even think of looking on there for them..

Back