How to buy blu rays post-Brexit outside of the UK?

Relaxo

Great Teacher
Waiting to see that change into effect then.
They told me today that this will take effect immediately - however, like their reduced shipping fees when ordering multiple items, it will be applied manually after placing your order. So if you pay by paypal, you'll get the overpaid amount refunded - if you pay by CC, you'll get charged the correct amount.
(usually 1/6 off everything, excluding books, as these are alredy 0% VAT in UK)

UP1 used DPD for me - and DPD charges 21% Dutch VAT even if you live in an EU-country with a different VAT rate. DPD also adds €6.05 processing fee, which at least is cheaper than most other curiers. DPD asks you to pay these fees online and accepts usual credit cards, but no PayPal.

Relaxo

Great Teacher
Having used WOW HD before (they actually have a Dutch front as well: wowhd.nl), I also have no idea when they ship from where. Whenever I place an order I always assume the worst. There's probably a reason why they don't clearly state it on their site.
WowHD's warehouses are located in Kentucky, USA
However they make regular bulk shipments to somewhere in NL, where everything will be handled by dutch customs on their behalf and than shipped via NL post to most EU countries. But don't know if they changed this recently, but it's a common practice e.g. for chinese sellers too. Blowitoutahere and Deepdiscount most likely use the same route (as they are the same company as WowHD)

Regarding Book Depository:
I received several items from Switzerland

IdiomaticLynx

Student Council President
Received the paperwork from FedEx for my AL Christmas Sale order. It seems that the BOGOF items we're actually listed as having a value of ₤1.00 each. The other items had the correct value, so the total ended up being a couple pounds higher. Originally I thought it was handled correctly as I simply assumed the small difference in import tax (less than €1) was due to exchange rates. At the very least they weren't declared at the full amount.

WowHD's warehouses are located in Kentucky, USA
However they make regular bulk shipments to somewhere in NL, where everything will be handled by dutch customs on their behalf and than shipped via NL post to most EU countries. But don't know if they changed this recently, but it's a common practice e.g. for chinese sellers too. Blowitoutahere and Deepdiscount most likely use the same route (as they are the same company as WowHD)
The thing is, there doesn't seem to be any guarantee that they do. I have had items shipped directly from the US when ordering from them. Mind you that was a couple years back and I don't recall it happening in recent years, but I also don't order from them very often.

Hunter_Killer

School Idol
It may not be as good as last year, but this solution calmed me down. I can still collect anime from the UK. It's good that you can pay all taxes with an online courier, because it's faster and more convenient. Often even cheaper. I am excluding DHL, which always counts parcels somehow strangely, that I have the impression that something is wrong. If the UP1 uses DPD / FedeX or RoyalMail, I'm calm.

The same on Anime Ltd store: