How much do you spend every month?

bakum4tsu

Pokémon Master
Its a simple question.

How much do you spend per month in anime dvds, manga, goodies and so on.

Cause i see people buying a lot of stuff every week and not just one boxset or dvd, several stuff like artbooks and cds.

So anyone wanna spoil his secret? :lol:

Anywhere between £20 - £150 depending on how much I want and how much cash I have to spare. Recently, it's been towards the lower end of the scale. I blame energy prices, import taxes and that stupid VAT rise.

I would say that on average, I probably spend somewhere around £60; although depending on what is due out during that month, it can sometimes go to £80 or more.

Except last month, because I had loads of birthday money to spend (I spent about £100 on Toradora! alone).

About a year or two back I used to spend around £100-£200 a month, more if there was some nice shiny LE or box. Then I had a nasty spate of getting hit by customs, and losing some of my income, which has pretty much reduced me to around £20-£40 a month.

Although I'm still a sucker for any kind of nice box or limited edition. For instance the Fate/Zero set is so ridiculously tempting, despite the fact that I would not be able to recuperate the payment for quite a while. I guess you get used to that with this hobby after a while though! :D

I try not to think about it. My exact spend varies depending on boring non-anime expenditure and duties, but I spend at least a couple of hundred a month on standard necessities and occasionally splurge on special items. Since I preorder a lot well in advance, sometimes things come in at funny times. Like if you added up everything I had received in the last few weeks it would seem that my monthly budget was immense.

Trying to save for my next trip at the moment, but the companies keep releasing such nice shiny things...

R (never ask how much is spent per day when I'm in Japan on holiday, I can't even admit that to myself)

I'd probably say £100-£125ish. I've had a good past few months working-wise, so I've had more disposable income than I've known what to do with. Need to tighten my belt now though, and I think I'll be down to £75 or less.

Anime Online's deal of the week offer keeps putting throwing a wrench into my plans for having a week free of anime-related spending!

£20, but that's not a very accurate average since I'll go through spells of not buying anything for months, or maybe even a year, and then suddenly buying a load of stuff.

I didnt buy anime for a few months until january. I think i spent in that month around €230 which is around £190.

That was a lot of cheap stuff i could resist and the expensive ones i bought were the save edition from initial d which have around 20eur each one. All the rest was around €6/12, £4/10.

I still have a lot of things i want to buy but gotta hold on.

I still have a few boxsets to pick up but im waiting for aol deal of the week. eheh

After a couple of months of mass buying, I am now trying to keep it at £10-£20 a week, meaning 2-3 Manga volumes or 1-2 DVD sets/singles/whatever unless we add Games to the Equation and Supa-Hyped New releases! (E.g. Aussie Madoka Blu-Ray)

At the height I was importing a few Japanese DVDs a month, and I also had magazine and manga subscriptions and the odd figure etc from my local comic guy... I really don't want to know what it all cost although it contributed to the debt that is still eating half of my paycheck each month two years later.
Currently, my only regular monthly outgoing is my Crunchyroll subscription, anything else is just if I happen to have some spare cash or, if there's something I [/i]really[/i] want then cash I hope is going to be going spare come the end of the month...

whats the difference between Chrunchyroll and fansubs? :?

I've tried Chrunchy yesterday in my phone but dont see why i should use it instead of fansubs where i can see them anywhere too like Crunchy.

I think its not permitted to speak about fansubs and downloads related stuff so I'm sorry but it was needed to ask this.

Just Passing Through said:
Crunchyroll is legal, fansubs aren't.
Crunchyroll used to be illegal though, so some measure of confusion is understandable.

If you're only watching free streams, I don't really see how there is a difference. I've no doubt some will be pointed out to me (I don't use Crunchyroll) but as far as I can see, either way you're watching anime without giving anyone any money for it.

ayase said:
Just Passing Through said:
Crunchyroll is legal, fansubs aren't.
Crunchyroll used to be illegal though, so some measure of confusion is understandable.

If you're only watching free streams, I don't really see how there is a difference. I've no doubt some will be pointed out to me (I don't use Crunchyroll) but as far as I can see, either way you're watching anime without giving anyone any money for it.
Except that with Crunchyroll, they get revenue from the paid memberships and for the adverts that the free users see. Some of which gets paid back to the Japanese licensors.

That's the difference.

Back