How much damage is acceptable?

Hokum

Straw Hat Pirate
I ordered Planetes from play and after quite a wait the order arrived in the usual brown jiffy bag. Now its not scrap, but the edge of the spine is slightly crushed, but then viewed directly from behind its fine.

Am i being overly picky here or not?

I can sympathize I usually get a little pissed when something I buy is knocked or damaged a little without me doing it, but it'd get damaged sooner or later. At least the DVDs are in good condition... right?

Since you got it for cheap anyway, I'd be willing to suffer the bump on the corner (you can probably push that back into shape and not notice it so much) but I'd send it back because of that knock it's taken in the top pic. Anything worse than slight corner damage crosses the line for me.

Beez are Gods among UK distributors for those removable ratings stickers.

nope you not the only one to be picky when it comes to the condition of their boxsets, i tend to cleanse my hands before i touch mine and be extremely agile with them

Play have been bad for damages though from what i've experienced, and i'm surprised they haven't actually got the message yet about it, but there we go. I personally would turn a blind eye to that if it where cheap, but if it was normal price, i'd ask for a replacement possibly. Its one of the main reasons i don't order from them really, they are slow and getting stuff to us(always been the case) and about 50% of the time, there is some form of damage to the item.

>.< I've had this before. Usually if I'm not in and the postman decides he's going to try and squeeze a set that is slightly too big through the letter box.

i don't mind the odd corner damage (my case for Silent Hill 2 was so worn out it's not even funny but at least the disc played perfectly, same with Subterranean)

i tend to take good care of my stuff, otherwise it could ruin the chances of some of my stuff selling

My Blue Gender Funimation pack arrived a little worse for wear- an entirely cardboard design gave little structural stability to the case during international transit, so it seemed. Fortunately, it was a cheap acquisition, and not worth the arduous labour of requesting a replacement.

The biggest problem with writing a complaint is where the actual blame lies. Was it's Play bad packaging and distribution people, or is it the Royal Mail gremlins who organise the post? It's really easy to waive liability when you buy things online :(.

You call that damage? I've had two of them arrive with fully dented corners. I gave up when the second one arrived with a dent.

It's the fault of Royal Mail in my case. It's easy to tell; either the flimsy cardboard has been damaged or the bubbles inside the jiffy bag have been burst around the damage.

I had the same dented corner woes with my Asda group Gundam Wing sets. Every one, all sent in big jiffy bags, had damage, one with a corner bashed in.

Archaic Sage said:
The biggest problem with writing a complaint is where the actual blame lies. Was it's Play bad packaging and distribution people, or is it the Royal Mail gremlins who organise the post? It's really easy to waive liability when you buy things online :(.
I always say, whenever I send anything back or ask for a replacement: 'Damage the result of poor packaging'

Which is true - if sent in a rigid box (like HMV do) things wouldn't get damaged in the post. Therefore it's the fault of Play for not packaging it well enough.

The corner of the Tintin boxset I got the other day was completely done-in. Very sturdy box & you'd need a hammer to come close to replicating it. Shameful. :(

Back