How does one become a reviewer?

VivisQueen

Adventurer
Apologies if this is actually written somewhere but I swear to God I couldn't find it. So I will ask:

How does one become a reviewer for the site?

Best wishes
VivisQueen

Well basically it gets announced on the main site and forums. Anyone can apply (both members and non-members) by letting the site owner know they wish to apply and sending a sample review of something.

If you assassinate one of the current reviewers your chances may be higher. They're doing a pretty good job of being active at the moment :)

(But yeah, chaos will be the one to decide when he has some spots open.)

R

VivisQueen said:
By asking nicely.

Right now we have more reviewers than material to review, but if you'd like to post a review of some of your own stuff that we haven't got reviewed yet, pm it to me. There's a guest reviewer idea that we wanted to give a try for a while and maybe you could be the first.

Rui said:
If you assassinate one of the current reviewers your chances may be higher.

<a href="http://www.starfox64.baldninja.com/wav/andross-dead.wav">As Andross from Lylat Wars would say...</a> ;-)

chaos said:
VivisQueen said:
By asking nicely.

Right now we have more reviewers than material to review, but if you'd like to post a review of some of your own stuff that we haven't got reviewed yet, pm it to me. There's a guest reviewer idea that we wanted to give a try for a while and maybe you could be the first.

Better yet just post a review on the Anime General Discussion. Used to get a lots of forum members writing and post their reviews their.

Do you think we may need a few more article writer at some point chaos?

Reevothemusefan said:
Rui said:

*gulp*

I think I might skip the London Expo now.
Don't worry about it as your more likely to be sacrificed to appease our supreme lord and god Go Nagai :twisted:

Rui said:

If ANYONE so much as THINKS about double-tapping me in the back of the head, or nuking me from high orbit (the only way to be sure) I will bundle them into my basement, introduce them to my endoscopic claw and then feed them to my Aequitas super-computer.

And if anyone gets those references... well, good on you!

HdE said:
Rui said:

If ANYONE so much as THINKS about double-tapping me in the back of the head, or nuking me from high orbit (the only way to be sure) I will bundle them into my basement, introduce them to my endoscopic claw and then feed them to my Aequitas super-computer.

And if anyone gets those references... well, good on you!

what if i stomp on you with my gundam?

Oh, thank you muchly for all the responses.

Chaos, if you have more reviewers than material to review, then I shall wait a little longer before applying. I am currently not in the UK and won't be until the end of the month. So I have no access to any legitimately distributed anime for reviewing purposes. But I do have two further questions, actually:

Must all reviews be in volumes? Say you bought all volumes for a certain anime, would a reviewer be able to write one review to cover the entire series? Or would you be forced to write a review per volume to correspond with the product?

And (in the Big If event that I might eventually somehow become a reviewer for AUKN) would I be permitted to continue writing reviews for other sites?

Thank you.

VivisQueen said:
Must all reviews be in volumes? Say you bought all volumes for a certain anime, would a reviewer be able to write one review to cover the entire series? Or would you be forced to write a review per volume to correspond with the product?
If you bought a series and wanted to review it as a whole, instead of volumes, then it's ok. If we received the series from a distributor, contract clauses dictates we review on a per volume basis.

VivisQueen said:
And (in the Big If event that I might eventually somehow become a reviewer for AUKN) would I be permitted to continue writing reviews for other sites?
No, You're ass would be mine and only mine.

Just joking here, you're ass would be mine, but I'm not jealous. Some people who post reviews here also post reviews elsewhere. I do ask that the content is exclusive though. If you post a review for FOO here, I don't expect you post the same review FOO elsewhere and vice-versa.

Apologies, have had limited internet access.

Thanks for the answers, chaos! Understood about not posting the same reviews in different places. I assumed that was the case, but always good to make it clear. Much appreciated.

Back