Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard Drive

• Other

• Total voters

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Have just moved and was surprised how much anime I had and how much space it took up. Most were on shelves at my old place, but now most of it is in boxes, but trying to get most into wallets as they take up MUCH less space. Already got 150 into wallets but more to go.
How do you cope?

I have a wardrobe with sliding doors and my tv, ps3 and other things live in one half of it. above and below the tv area is storage shelves where i store most of my anime. I might post a pic tomorrow.

I have a unit full of DVDs in their cases, with three rows of artboxes stacked on top. To save space I've double and thinpacked some series, and sold off what I won't rewatch. That packaging seems to be getting smaller and smaller is something of a blessing, with no more space-stealing singles (in R1 at least) and few full-size artboxes being released.

But there's no way I could put all my discs into wallets/binders and do away with packaging altogether. I loves my packaging.

I have some dvd racks that hold individual dvds/blu-rays. They don't fit dvd boxsets but they do hold blu-ray boxsets as they are smaller.

I also have some dvds on a shelf in my wardrobe but most are stored in the parcel boxes that I received them in - my brother says I live in cardboard city :lol: .

Shelves only atm and mainly for my manga, but I think I'm gonna store some away in boxes, especially my Ken Akamatsu series (Negima has sooooo many volumes, with no end in sight...)

Wallets because I take the DVDs back and forth to Uni, all the packaging gets left in the loft or cellar at home.
I truly look forward to the day I get my own place and can return the discs to their own cases and put the boxes on shelves.

DVD-wise, in my HAND MADE DT:RM GCSE project cabinet.

It comes in lovely Beach (or Birch, I forget), with 2 spacious shelves and beautiful glass sliding doors each with their own wooden handle made of the same material as the rest of the cabinet. It stands majestically ontop of my wardrobe overlooking my room with the grandure of a god.... It also got me a B grade >.>

It should be noted that I will be running out of room in it soonish. :/

I don't have much anime but for the time being it is living in one of my bookcases with my manga. I fear it will have to be moved soon though.

Back