How do you Otaku-lise your room?

Cloud Strife

Vampire Ninja
I thought this might be an interesting topic so i'll start first ;)

Anyway, the point of the post is to show off your "otaku" collection, posting pics would make it more awesome :)

Anyway, i'll start with pics from my anime/manga collections:

^
Here is my boxset/manga collection thus far

^
And my dvd collection :) (if you noticed the posters there, yes there are quite a "few" of them :p)

^
My manga collection (a friend is borrowing vols 3 & 4 of Black God btw)

^
My posters ;)

Aswell as these last few!

Anyway...thats my secret now gone out to the world :p

Wow, hardcore. :eek: Far more hardcore than me. I've posted DVD collection pics before (though it may be time for an update) and other than that I have:

An Azumanga 'Bonkuras' poster on the living room door, a Gall Force poster, YKK and Patlabor A4 print-outs on the wall, three Zeta Gundam movie posters in the hall and my Revy figure on the mantelpiece. And a couple of more sexy Kei and Revy print-outs in the bedroom. :p

Most of my stuff is back home so I won't bother with pics. Some pretty nice stuff there. I've wanted that wall scroll of Haruhi sitting on the edge of the bath for ages.

I've just noticed those DVDs are arranged left to right, bottom to top alphabetically, right to left chronologically...

My head asplode.

I guess the only reason why i did that is simply because the Haruhi Suzumiya dvds go from right to left according to the graphics. You have to have them all matching up unfortunately ;) My Manga collection isnt though (almost)

My uni room was wall to wall posters and wall scrolls even the ceiling was coated in them, but now I have my own house (and a wife) I can't do that anymore so I only have a few wall scrolls scattered around the house

I did have posters for a while, One Piece, Guyver (free from ADV), Fullmetal Alchemist and some other stuff along with a big Bleach wall scroll. Got taken down due to a re-painting. My DVDs are just on a shelf. The artboxes (with DVDs) are on another, more spacious, shelf.

McIcy said:
but now I have my own house (and a wife) I can't do that anymore so I only have a few wall scrolls scattered around the house
I feel like you've put the real reason in brackets and the non-reason outside of them. ^^;

Ooh, ooh, Death Note box set. I have but one question: is the box paper or a sturdier material? It's hard to tell from the photo, though its height leads me to believe that it's chipboard.

Nice collection.

Looks pretty solid to me.

Those DTB & Claymore spines make me glad I'm waiting for the boxed sets. Like the sword. It says "No-one mess with my DVDs"

Sure is a nice collection, Durial, and very neatly displayed (I believe I may have the same bookcases, but I can't do the alphabetized thing ^^; ) - sometimes I get the impression from you that you don't actually like anime all that much, but that collection would say otherwise. :p

Very similar to MVM box sets, maybe a little less sturdy. It's definitely not paper but card.

Not really clear but hope it helps.

ilmaestro said:
Sure is a nice collection, Durial, and very neatly displayed (I believe I may have the same bookcases, but I can't do the alphabetized thing ^^; ) - sometimes I get the impression from you that you don't actually like anime all that much, but that collection would say otherwise. :p

Don't get me wrong I love anime, I just over watch it to the point that I need a break from it.

ayase said:
Looks pretty solid to me.

Those DTB & Claymore spines make me glad I'm waiting for the boxed sets. Like the sword. It says "No-one mess with my DVDs"

Yea I was a bit annoyed about the spines :( But it's too late now.

ayase said:
lol, it's like they've done it as subtley as possible for maximum irritation.

"Hey guys, we've almost got these spines lined up neatly, should we just..."

"Nah, it's funnier this way. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

I'm beginning to think the Japanese licence holders actually specify it as a clause in the licensing agreement:

"The Japanese Otaku like everything to be perfect, so you must make one imperfect spine on every series to discourage reverse importing."

Back