Hiho

Furrek

Completely Average High School Student
👋

I'm Furrek and I am pleased to meet you all. I love anime (watching since 2007), I love gaming (playing games since forever), and that's pretty much my whole life. I was a maniac collector around 2009-2013, but due to my financial situation I had to stop buying new stuff. Recently I picked it up again, but I was overwhelmed by how much amazing stuff come out, and how much stuff I have missed. This makes me kinda frustrated, and now I want to buy everything and I really mean EVERYTHING but yeah, I'm no richie rich and there is no way I can spend all of my money on hobbies (sadly).

I found this website by looking for some kind of place where people shared information about promotion on anime/manga from EU/UK, and it looks like I'm done with my quest. I also love traditional forums instead of Facebook groups and Discords, so I think I will stick around and try to participate in forums life :)

That's all, for starters :cool:

Ya-ho-! 👋

It's nice to meet you too Furrek. You might want to check out the Gaming and Anime & Manga Marketplace (if you're still collecting even after the frustration) forums (sorry sorry if you didn't want unsolicited recommendations). I know what you mean about wanting to buy everything, I don't have space or money but it's so tempting to add things into your online basket.

Welcome to Anime News UK. Hopefully, I'll see you around in the forums then. 😀

@Furrek:

Greetings, and welcome to AUKN. 🙂

Any particular favourite anime or games?

My top list from MAL: Hunter x Hunter (2011), NHK ni Youkoso!, One Piece, Berserk (1997), Death Note.
As for games, I really love Resident Evil titles, every kind of Tetris games, and older MMORPGs.

Ya-ho-! 👋

It's nice to meet you too Furrek. You might want to check out the Gaming and Anime & Manga Marketplace (if you're still collecting even after the frustration) forums (sorry sorry if you didn't want unsolicited recommendations). I know what you mean about wanting to buy everything, I don't have space or money but it's so tempting to add things into your online basket.

Welcome to Anime News UK. Hopefully, I'll see you around in the forums then. 😀

I plan to visit every corner of the forums, once I will have some more free time 👍
Also, I know the pain of having very limited space, all of my bookcases are literally full of stuff and every single time something new comes in, I need to rearrange everything to fill every little spot 😅 But I'm trying to leave all of these worries to my future self, because this way I won't be able to buy anything at all 🤣

I plan to visit every corner of the forums, once I will have some more free time 👍
Also, I know the pain of having very limited space, all of my bookcases are literally full of stuff and every single time something new comes in, I need to rearrange everything to fill every little spot 😅 But I'm trying to leave all of these worries to my future self, because this way I won't be able to buy anything at all

Good plan, Mine are very similar. 👌
Oof. Maybe it's time for more bookcases? I live in my parents' loft (this line always makes me sound like I live in my mother's basement, it's not like that!), and there's no space to put anything as it's also used as storage space. I even have to be careful not to overcrowd it so the ceiling doesn't want to cave in. 😱 Future self me is going to lover her new home, filled with her 3 kitties and a bookshelf including her own published light novels. 🤔

Good plan, Mine are very similar. 👌
Oof. Maybe it's time for more bookcases? I live in my parents' loft (this line always makes me sound like I live in my mother's basement, it's not like that!), and there's no space to put anything as it's also used as storage space. I even have to be careful not to overcrowd it so the ceiling doesn't want to cave in. 😱 Future self me is going to lover her new home, filled with her 3 kitties and a bookshelf including her own published light novels. 🤔
No room for more bookcases, and since I live with my parents too, it's even harder to find some free space 🤣 I envy your future self, mine's will only have problems on his shoulders (I'm sorry, future me, I don't know any better yet 🙏)

@Furrek:

Good picks there with Welcome to the NHK and Death Note. 👌

And Tetris. I got a copy of Tetris & Dr. Mario for my SNES last year. It's a good version.
I haven't played Tetris & Dr. Mario, I will for sure try it in a near future 👍

Welcome to the forum Furrek! And guys don't get me started on limited shelf space heh, I'm guessing you'll have that problem in common with a lot of peeps regardless of accommodation circumstances (unless you live in the type of house which has a dedicated room for shoe storage...)!

I also love traditional forums instead of Facebook groups and Discords, so I think I will stick around and try to participate in forums life
Same, I get the distinct feeling a lot of people have abandoned forums for d*cksword DISCUSS THINGS IN PUBLIC YOU COWARDS but I have been very happy to see a lot more discussion from new members recently, so please do.

No room for more bookcases, and since I live with my parents too, it's even harder to find some free space 🤣 I envy your future self, mine's will only have problems on his shoulders (I'm sorry, future me, I don't know any better yet 🙏)
Oh-ho we share the same pain then. 😂 Hue, I wouldn't envy her until she gets here, past me would want me to apologise for when I am now. 😱

Back