HIDIVE Reveals Second Wave of Spring 2018 Simulcasts

It would be nice if they had more in their catalogue, but that aside, I've been quite impressed with HIDIVE.

I look forward to being the only one who bothers to watch Cutie Honey.

I've noticed various people having app issues, but none of that really poses a problem to me as I watch everything on my PC anyway.

I've noticed various people having app issues
I watched Girls Last' Tour and watching seemed fine if a bit bare bones compared to Crunchyroll and Funimation apps with no skip 10 seconds back and forth or to the next episode (apart from a big box that covers part of the ED and/or next episode preview).

Last edited:
I'm just annoyed the Android app doesn't work on my Android TV. The iOS app is solid, but it means I can't easily watch things in decent quality with friends :(

HIDIVE seem to pick up one show I like each season, trapping me in paying a subscription for something which isn't objectively very good value for money. It seems unlikely that I won't enjoy the new Honey.

R

I wish there was a PS4 app, since the console browser doesn't work with the site at all.

Since the offer of a discounted subscription is coming to an end, I was thinking of throwing some money HiDive's way, but their UK selection seems kinda bad compared to what's available to the US (as is the case with most streaming sites I guess).

Has anyone found much value here to warrant both a subscription to HiDive and Crunchyroll? As their selection overlaps somewhat, and I'm not all that fussed about needing a dub.

And does anyone know if they do actually charge in dollars? As my bank slaps a £1.25 processing fee on international transactions, which would kind of destroy any kind of value the discount offered.

Since the offer of a discounted subscription is coming to an end, I was thinking of throwing some money HiDive's way, but their UK selection seems kinda bad compared to what's available to the US (as is the case with most streaming sites I guess).

Has anyone found much value here to warrant both a subscription to HiDive and Crunchyroll? As their selection overlaps somewhat, and I'm not all that fussed about needing a dub.

And does anyone know if they do actually charge in dollars? As my bank slaps a £1.25 processing fee on international transactions, which would kind of destroy any kind of value the discount offered.
They do indeed charge in dollars, at least they did to my Paypal. I mainly signed up for that cheaper price and to catch some shows I hadn't already seen that weren't available legally elsewhere such as Umaru S2, Hozuki's Coolheadedness S2 and Made in Abyss. There's a few shows here and there I want to see so I'm sticking with my subscription for now-if I run out of worthwhile stuff I'll unsubscribe.

They do indeed charge in dollars, at least they did to my Paypal. I mainly signed up for that cheaper price and to catch some shows I hadn't already seen that weren't available legally elsewhere such as Umaru S2, Hozuki's Coolheadedness S2 and Made in Abyss. There's a few shows here and there I want to see so I'm sticking with my subscription for now-if I run out of worthwhile stuff I'll unsubscribe.
Ah, didn't think about Paypal, I'd only have to deal with their markup which would be a few pence at that amount. Thanks!

Might use it as an excuse to re-watch some stuff they actually have listed in the UK (I'm super upset that dennou coil is region locked...), and then unsub if there's nothing interesting by next season.

Edit: Great, now I'm going to be watching Azumanga Daioh 'til like 4 a.m... I blame you for this @HWR

Last edited:
Ah, didn't think about Paypal, I'd only have to deal with their markup which would be a few pence at that amount. Thanks!

Might use it as an excuse to re-watch some stuff they actually have listed in the UK (I'm super upset that dennou coil is region locked...), and then unsub if there's nothing interesting by next season.

Edit: Great, now I'm going to be watching Azumanga Daioh 'til like 4 a.m... I blame you for this @HWR
Still need to watch Diaoh, and you're welcome :p

I've subscribed to HiDive! Never thought I'd do the streaming thingy but I really want to watch LotGH. As a physical copy is now nigh on impossible for me to obtain this was my only option, and at less than 3 quid a month I thought why not?

Back