Hey Guys

Nyu

Pokémon Master
Hey Guys,

Whats been going on? How's everyone been?

I've came back to anime after a pretty crazy year, decided it was time to get back into it. What's been happening that i've missed out on?

Nyu.

Hey Maxon, how's things?

Yeah it's been mental for me recentley. I finished uni, went travelling for a bit then bought my own house. I also kind of fell out with anime for a bit, i just didn't have the time to devote to it.

Now i've been bitten by the bug again and i'm dieing to get back into some anime. Going to have to prowl these boards for some suggestions as the last stuff i watched was from the 2006 season!

Hey, its always good to see someone return. As for what you might have missed - its either an awful lot or nothing at all. Somewhere in between, probably. Were you here when Paul left? Cause that happened, Chaos is now the owner with Rui (I don't think you have met her!) the admin and Arbalest and Ryo mods. There's strong spring anime line-up coming soon so that might ease you back into the fandom.

Also, like, nobody goes on the IRC anymore so definitely check out the Chat in the top right corner. That's pretty busy most days.

Hey Welcome Back Nyu! Good to see you back and about.

Like Jayme said, The latest Spring season in japan looks to be fairly strong, so there maybe a few shows there worth looking into. If your looking for others outside of that, Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor is available too, which i do recommend, or even the first season if you've yet to start it. Its available here in 3 parts and its not to pricy for what you get either. I could name a few, but give me an idea as to what you feel like watching, and i'll see what i can recommend.

Welcome back, Nyu. :D
Shows that you cant keep a good fan from their goods. Wonder when they're gonna install the brainwashing software into our DVDs/Blue-rays...

And yep, you've picked a great time to get back, so I hope it boosts your enthusiasm!

Jayme said:
Hey, its always good to see someone return. As for what you might have missed - its either an awful lot or nothing at all. Somewhere in between, probably. Were you here when Paul left? Cause that happened, Chaos is now the owner with Rui (I don't think you have met her!) the admin and Arbalest and Ryo mods. There's strong spring anime line-up coming soon so that might ease you back into the fandom.

Also, like, nobody goes on the IRC anymore so definitely check out the Chat in the top right corner. That's pretty busy most days.

I was here when Paul left, I went walkies a few months after that. That's a shame about IRC. I can remember quite a few good conversations in there back in the day. Is Paul still around? or has he left the anime scene completely?

Arbalest said:
Hey Welcome Back Nyu! Good to see you back and about.

Like Jayme said, The latest Spring season in japan looks to be fairly strong, so there maybe a few shows there worth looking into. If your looking for others outside of that, Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor is available too, which i do recommend, or even the first season if you've yet to start it. Its available here in 3 parts and its not to pricy for what you get either. I could name a few, but give me an idea as to what you feel like watching, and i'll see what i can recommend.

The last "big shows" i watched were along the lines of Ergo Proxy, Black Lagoon (is the third season out for this yet) and a few other shows like that. But honestly i'm looking to watch anything, but a few shows like them wouldn't go a miss. I suppose i only have 3 seasons to catch up on haha!

Chaz said:
Shows that you cant keep a good fan from their goods. Wonder when they're gonna install the brainwashing software into our DVDs/Blue-rays...

And yep, you've picked a great time to get back, so I hope it boosts your enthusiasm!

Haha they are all crawling out of the woodwork now, Hows it going Chaz?

Yep, i uncovered my massive haul of Tenchi goods the other day and knew i had to get back into it. Think i'm going to have to look up my old sources and see if any of the sites i used to use are still online.

"Season three" of Black Lagoon is set to be an OVA series from what i remember. We are meant to expect that in japan at some point this year, but i honestly can't remember if there was a definite release date for the first.

So far, Darker Than Black is only 2 seasons long. First season has a release here(which as said, was in three releases) and the second finished airing last year in japan. Erm other ones i'm watching which i'd recommend..Macross Frontier, Xam'd: Lost Memories, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei(good for a laugh)...Soul Eater as well. Oh and of course, Look into Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, It's a new series of FMA which started from scratch again and follows the manga more closely this time round compared to the previous series, which went its own route after 25 episodes.

I can't say I'm the best person to go for for advice since I've only recently started enjoying anime again but for the most part, I think you pretty much skipped the entire burst of the moé stuff, so the genuinely good stuff could be put on the palm of your hand, or to be specific, Arby's hand - he's naming some pretty awesome ones.

Paul is still in the fandom, he tweets about anime and maintains a relationship with his bloggin' pals, but no, he hasn't signed on here in months.

Jayme said:
I can't say I'm the best person to go for for advice since I've only recently started enjoying anime again but for the most part, I think you pretty much skipped the entire burst of the moé stuff, so the genuinely good stuff could be put on the palm of your hand, or to be specific, Arby's hand - he's naming some pretty awesome ones.

Paul is still in the fandom, he tweets about anime and maintains a relationship with his bloggin' pals, but no, he hasn't signed on here in months.

Yeah i think lucky star really took off when i left anime. I'm going to file through some of my old posts and see what i was looking forward to.

Going to start up a twitter as well and various other fun things.

Nyu said:
Chaz said:

Haha they are all crawling out of the woodwork now, Hows it going Chaz?

Yep, i uncovered my massive haul of Tenchi goods the other day and knew i had to get back into it. Think i'm going to have to look up my old sources and see if any of the sites i used to use are still online.
Good, Good. All quiet on the western front. ;)
I know what you mean: watching a classic does make you wanna watch more. I'm doing something similar with Outlaw Star, and it's pushing me to watch Trigun at last.

Back