Here we go

Akiha

Completely Average High School Student
Well, I guess I should introduce myself.

~waves~ Hello everyone. I recently came across this site and decided to join in on the fun.

Let see a bit about me: I recently moved to the UK back in July (I am originally from USA) and I am loving the life here. I've been an Anime fan since 1999 have been cosplaying and going to conventions since 2001. I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to my old job (having sold my soul to it and all) but I am looking forward to getting back in the swing of things as they say and meeting some new people and what better way then to start here right? ^_^;

Welcome to our overpriced little Hell-hole with crap weather, overpopulated with miserable bastards. Please, do let me know where you get the medication which allows you to enjoy life here.

AUKN however is notably less well populated (and with crazy bastards, rather than miserable ones) so new faces are always welcome. What kinda anime are you into?

ayase said:
Welcome to our overpriced little Hell-hole with crap weather, overpopulated with miserable bastards. Please, do let me know where you get the medication which allows you to enjoy life here.

HAHA

Well I've only lived here for a few months, maybe the novelty will wear off eventually?

Ermm, I don't really have a type of genre that I stick to (a bit all over the place) and will give anything a shot. To give you an idea though, some of my old time faves are Fushigi Yuugi, Slayers, Inuyasha, Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion, and Full Metal Alchemist.
Right now I'm in the middle of watching Code Geass, Vampire Knight and Soul Eater

ayase said:

Dude, i'd rather be in the UK than the USA xD

Welcome all the same Akiha~!

Thanks for the warm welcomes ^-^

I'm from Baltimore, Maryland. (East Coast, about 3 hours south of New York)

Home of Otakon and the Ravens, and Eugene Victor Tooms! (X-Files reference, if anyone doesn't know) I would actually like to go to Otakon one day, but I hear... less than awesome things about Baltimore itself at that time of year, haha. ^^;

Ahh Otakon and the Ravens (who are currently trying to re-deem themselves during the second half of the game).

Yea Baltimore isn't that great of a city (year round). Around where the convention center is fine, but you still don't want to be walking around there late at night alone. And of course July and August tend to be our hottest months. But yea, its a nice con (not my fave but still fun)

Akiha said:
Yea Baltimore isn't that great of a city (year round).
You might say such a thing, though I understand that the 1980s pop sensation Baltimoria of Tarzan Boy fame adapted their name from the city. They were Italian, but this fact is not relevant.

ayase said:
Welcome to our overpriced little Hell-hole with crap weather, overpopulated with miserable bastards.
Whilst prices are an issue on this fair isle, especially for goods such as anime, we try to remain in high spirits. Our mustard is hot, our fish are battered and our national sport involves ducks and googlies. Such idiosyncrasies serve us well on rainy days.

Akiha said:
Ahh Otakon and the Ravens (who are currently trying to re-deem themselves during the second half of the game).
Ravens= not great 4-2 I think,
Still a lot better than my team, 49ers.. a glorious 1-6, coulda won this week only 3 points of the panthers.... last quarter was tight.

Wow, I kind of agree the Ravens this year are hardly all-time greats, but given how bad the whole league looks this year (seriously, Mark Sanchez is QBing easily the best team out there atm, says it all) they're still top 3-ish, for me. Niners should be at least 3-3, too, don't think they're a terrible team by any stretch.

Genkina Hito said:
Hello. What live-action films do you like?

I haven't watched any live-action films in awhile (like yers) but I do (regardless) enjoy them. Some of my faves are Battle Royal, Versus and Ong Bak.

Akiha said:
Genkina Hito said:

I haven't watched any live-action films in awhile (like yers) but I do (regardless) enjoy them. Some of my faves are Battle Royal, Versus and Ong Bak.

Versus amuses me =P I like the insane Yakuza with the green shirt and butterfly knife

Akiha said:
Genkina Hito said:

Cool. Sorry if my greeting sounded like a challenge :D

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Back