Help with an anime cake!

jexbun

Hikikomori
hello all,

I know absolutely nothing about anime! But I bake cakes for a children's charity and I've been asked to make an anime themed cake for a 14yo girl. I've looked online and there's a massive variety so please - any suggestions as to what characters to go for? I've looked at Totoro, Cowboy Bebop, Angel Beats... they are all so different. Any help much appreciated!

hello all,

I know absolutely nothing about anime! But I bake cakes for a children's charity and I've been asked to make an anime themed cake for a 14yo girl. I've looked online and there's a massive variety so please - any suggestions as to what characters to go for? I've looked at Totoro, Cowboy Bebop, Angel Beats... they are all so different. Any help much appreciated!

Unfortunately the fact that there is so much Anime out there means it's pretty impossible for us to suggest something. Pretty much anything may have been something they have seen but may also be something they have no idea who the characters are.

It would be like being asked to make a cake for someone who "Loves their Soaps". You go ahead and put together a cake with the cast of EastEnders only to find out they only watch Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

Best suggestion I can come up with is to try and find out what Anime they are into. Maybe ask a parent to take a pic of their DVD collection of Anime (Assuming they have one) to get some ideas.

Maybe that's just me and others on here might have some bright ideas but I can't think of a way getting something they would definitely like and recognize on the cake.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help!

Unfortunately the fact that there is so much Anime out there means it's pretty impossible for us to suggest something. Pretty much anything may have been something they have seen but may also be something they have no idea who the characters are.

It would be like being asked to make a cake for someone who "Loves their Soaps". You go ahead and put together a cake with the cast of EastEnders only to find out they only watch Coronation Street and Emmerdale.

Best suggestion I can come up with is to try and find out what Anime they are into. Maybe ask a parent to take a pic of their DVD collection of Anime (Assuming they have one) to get some ideas.

Maybe that's just me and others on here might have some bright ideas but I can't think of a way getting something they would definitely like and recognize on the cake.

Sorry I couldn't be much more help!

Pretty much this. If you need a cop out key ghibli characters like Totaro or Nausicaa would be acceptable, but they've been done to death.

A ballsy option without prior knowledge would be one of these two

Summer Wars

Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Please let us know what you decide and show us the results :)

In the absence of any other information about the recipient, popular titles she's likely to recognise would probably include Sword Art Online, Fairy Tale, Naruto/Boruto, Attack on Titan and similar shows. I'd avoid classics like Cowboy Bebop as they may be a little before her time unless she's a big geek, and while Angel Beats certainly has female fans it's mainly aimed at the guys.

Cute characters like Jiji the cat from Kiki's Delivery Service would also be a fairly safe bet as he's adorable and even those who don't like Ghibli movies will probably enjoy the design.

R

Back