Help get more anime on UK TV

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
One of the most continually frustrating aspects of being an anime fan in the UK is the complete lack of anime on TV. Capitalizing on these feelings, Neo magazine are setting up a poll to work out what is the most wanted anime on UK TV and eventually, present the results to Toonami UK.<ul><span class="menu">"Over the next couple of weeks we'll (Neo) be drawing up a top 10 poll based on the most popular/most mentioned titles you suggest. We'll then get you to vote on this top 10, with the final results being presented by NEO to Toonami.

Whilst we are obviously unable to guarantee that this will influence the programming schedule, NEO is providing you with a unique chance to get your opinion heard by one of the UK's leading supporters of televised anime."</span></ul>For now, you can nominate your favourite show for inclusion in the poll, so be sure to head on over to their forums and make your feelings known. We'll let you know when the poll kicks off.

As I said in the original thread for this , some of the choices people are making would never get on Toonami , or are arent even licensed by a US company. :? .

Personally while I am fairly sure I wouldnt watch I think things like Last Exile , Full Metal Alchemist etc.. would be perfect for night showing on the channel.

Maybe they should put the presentation forward to Trouble as well. They've got a segment called "A-Block". The advert said it airs animation not meant for kids.

This is good and i will defiantly be voting, although i'm not sure what i would nominate myself, maybe something like Fullmetal alchemist or maybe Inu Yasha. I hope this works as i miss programs like Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star and Tenchi being shown on toonami, so hopefully we can encourage them to show some more later night anime like they did before

If they are considering going for more anime again, I just hope their expectations aren't too high.
As far as I'm concerned, it has to be shown after 10pm. The Japanese have been honing their TV schedules for decades and they usually show the majority of the adult/mature/non-Pokemon-style anime after 11pm.
If Toonami just reserved a late 2hr block for anime every night, say from 11pm till 2am (give or take a few hours), I'm sure it would work with the right shows (Inuyasha, Full Metal Alchemist, Stand Alone Compex and Samurai Champloo), surely it would gradually pick up better ratings than they are currently getting for those timeslots.

i think inuyashias been milked enough in the us to get release here don't u think :p

all toonami need to do is let adult swim live and we're sorted (and i don't mean the crap adult swim they proposed)

If I still had SKY (which I don't!) I'd agree with Inuyasha being shown. It's the most plausible as it has already been mucked about with for TV in USA.
Having said that, even if I still had SKY, I probably wouldn't bother watching anyway, as I stopped watching anime on TV a long time ago when I discovered the delights of uncut, unedited anime on DVD etc :D

Videl's said it. All they need to do is keep adult swim. Surely there are enough UK anime fans that would wathc it, ratings would defintely be good, especially for shows such as FMA, Stand Alone Complex and Bebop.

I imagine something like Naruto, that's apparently already well on the way to UK TV, is going to come out on top.

Although maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be FMA or Trigun or something.

We have to push for uncut anime mostly. Even anime titles such as Naruto and FMA would be slaughted for 13-16 year olds (my guess) which Toonami is targeted at.

I think Toonami is aimed at 9-11 year olds.

Wouldn't mind a night block of uncut stuff myself; could just set the video and watch it the next day. But I'm not really holding my breath.

GL said:
Maybe they should put the presentation forward to Trouble as well. They've got a segment called "A-Block". The advert said it airs animation not meant for kids.
When the heck do trouble show anime....like i would know anyway, since it's one of the last channels i would watch with it's cheesy american stuff. The thing is toonami have to do it right and stick with it. They have to get the right show, not edit them too much and stick with it because it would take time for people to realise what they've got

excellent news. if only i could sort out my cookie settings so i can actually log onto the forum...oddly, it's the only forum i have a problem with.

Escaflowne the Movie and Scryed are both airing in USA this year, you never know, they might just make it to the UK!! I'd say Escaflowne the movie has more chance, as we've already had the TV series!!

Charter_Mage said:
I would love to see Escaflowne the movie, it's something thats been on my christmas list for years despite the rubbish reviews i've seen
I actually enjoyed Escaflowne the movie, I have only one complaint, Van is fat!!

Miaka-chan said:
I actually enjoyed Escaflowne the movie, I have only one complaint, Van is fat!!
I think it was a shame they changed the animation style, although they probably did that to distinguish between the two stories (the series and the film) because isn't the film a re-telling of the series

Miaka-chan said:
Escaflowne the Movie and Scryed are both airing in USA this year, you never know, they might just make it to the UK!! I'd say Escaflowne the movie has more chance, as we've already had the TV series!!
Really? On sky right?

KittySeras said:
Miaka-chan said:
Really? On sky right?
But you know the thing with the Escaflowne Movie is that the series was shown on Jetix (Fox Kids) and i've never seen them show any movie that wasn't some Spiderman movie from about 20 years ago. Toonami is more likly to show a movie like Escaflowne but they never showed the original series so i'm not sure if that would make a difference

Back