Hello

D

Deleted member 4555

Hello,

I'm going to be older than I am now on Thursday, (and probably older than most users here) XD

I'm just a general animation buff looking to meet like-minded folk. I'm trying to kind of get my life going again after a less-than-impressive 2017...I thought I'd at least give this a go. Please forgive any missgivings in my forthcoming interactions - I literally have no friends at the moment and I often worry that I might forget how to be social XD

I love all animation as an art form, and I'm probably not "otaku worthy" since I haven't really seen an AWFUL lot of anime, but I have seen some iconic ones: Mobile Suit: Gundam Wing; Sailor Moon; Vision of Escaflowne and of course, the very first one I ever got into - yes, it was *dun, dun, DUN...* Pokemon. I'm a bit of a mecha-geek I guess (they just look cool), and one of my aims is to expand my anime repertoire - I already have a couple in mind that I'd like to check-out (Madoka Magica and Neon Genesis Evangelion - I know *gasp*, I haven't seen NGE! XD)

I'm an artist, but I'm currently unemployed and whilst trying to fix that aspect of life, I just haven't really made time to do an awful lot, but I hope to get back into it in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to read and it's nice to meet you all!

Aya xXx

Greetings, I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Definitely also have to say get on with Madoka, it’s one of my personal favourites.

Hello and welcome :)

Make sure you get on NGE and Madoka, they're both must see!
Hey dude :)

Thanks so much for your reply, it means alot ^^

Yeah I've been watching random clips on YouTube of both of them to get a taster, and I really love the avant-garde art-style in Madoka Magica. Also I just love the music from the show. The anime-syle of NGE really appeals; I love the classic 90's anime style, plus...mechas ;) I will most likely end up buying them both on DVD as soon as I can afford to!

Thanks again for your warm welcome, it's nice to meet you! Also, I really love your avatar, did you make it yourself?

Hey dude :)

Thanks so much for your reply, it means alot ^^

Yeah I've been watching random clips on YouTube of both of them to get a taster, and I really love the avant-garde art-style in Madoka Magica. Also I just love the music from the show. The anime-syle of NGE really appeals; I love the classic 90's anime style, plus...mechas ;) I will most likely end up buying them both on DVD as soon as I can afford to!

Thanks again for your warm welcome, it's nice to meet you! Also, I really love your avatar, did you make it yourself?

My avatar is a cropped image of Karen from Kiniro Mosaic, taken from the Japanese crossover game Kirara Fantasia. Here's the full image if you're curious

DoQ662V.jpg

Kiniro Mosaic is another show I'd recommend, but I might be slightly bias :p

On a side note (the artist part) what kind of art do you make and are there any links to view it?
Unfortunately a I don't have an awful lot that's worthy of posting right now, save for a few scraps. I'm unemployed at the moment and much of my efforts over the past few months have been directed at trying to find work. I'm hoping to get back into it all very soon.

I draw - (former illustration student) - and I work mainly traditionally in sketchbooks, though I studied for a Diploma in Graphic Design which I completed last year, so I'm also practicing digital art as well, and hope to improve on this in the future. I don't have a site or anything right now, but possibly in the future I'd like to have maybe a Pixiv or a Deviant account - it would be nice to share my work once I get things going again ^^

My avatar is a cropped image of Karen from Kiniro Mosaic, taken from the Japanese crossover game Kirara Fantasia. Here's the full image if you're curious

DoQ662V.jpg

Kiniro Mosaic is another show I'd recommend, but I might be slightly bias :p
Oh wow, it's gorgeous! Her clothes remind me a little bit of Mami Tomoe (the skirt and corset).

Back