Hello people :)

Starman Deluxe

Completely Average High School Student
Hi guys, just stumbled across this page whilst on Google; for a long time I thought I was the only otaku in England :S, so I'm really hyped up about this place. I'm 16 years old male, and I'm relatively new to the otaku scene, but this forum looks pretty cool from what I've seen!

JamesX said:
Howdy, welcome to the forum

Got any favourite animes and mangas?

Like I said, I'm quite new to anime, I've only watched around 3 or 4 animes fully, and my favourite so far is Death Note. I've yet to buy any manga, but I liked Hatsune Mix when I read it on the internet.

Starman Deluxe said:
JamesX said:
Howdy, welcome to the forum

Got any favourite animes and mangas?

Like I said, I'm quite new to anime, I've only watched around 3 or 4 animes fully, and my favourite so far is Death Note. I've yet to buy any manga, but I liked Hatsune Mix when I read it on the internet.

I'll be your guide there then :p

I joined here similar to how you are. I came here and Death Note was my true love. So a few I reccomend that have hit HAAAARD with me are;

- Code Geass (It is Death Note- with mecha)
- Ghost in the Shell (It's just fuckin' awesome)
- Bleach (It was what I started watching after Death Note)
- Prince of Tennis (Shounen and awesome)
- Witch Hunter Robin (It's dark. Just like Death Note it has a great dark atmosphere, well paced anime that, in my opinion, is pretty flawless)

Out of all of those though I reccomend Code Geass the most if you don't want to try something too new. It's fantastic honestly, and so similar to Death Note it's great!

Ghost in the Shell is a true classic, this'd be my second reccomendation. Just, please, concentrate when you watch it (I'm talking about Stand Alone Complex here btw- the movies rock too though)

Saying tht, those 5 above, should all hit you perfectly.

Hope i've helped.

Welcome, btw.

Check my MAL if you wanna see what else I rate

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Spyro201

I could sit here and list things like this:

Fate / Stay Night
Rurouni Kenshin
Claymore
Hunter x Hunter
Trigun
Full Metal Panic

But that could go on for a while and as you've not watch much I don't know what shows you will like and what you wont.
So I'd recommend you look into a few shows and I'm sure people can give you some more choices that suit you =)

My MAL http://myanimelist.net/profile/JamesX

chaos said:
Welcome here and what are the other 3 series you've seen?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star and Dragonball Z. I've dabbled in a couple of anime like NGA and Tenshi ni Narumon, but at the moment, coursework's piling up, so I had to put them on hold.

Also, thanks JamesX and Spyro201 for the recommendations!

Starman Deluxe said:
chaos said:
Welcome here and what are the other 3 series you've seen?

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star and Dragonball Z. I've dabbled in a couple of anime like NGA and Tenshi ni Narumon, but at the moment, coursework's piling up, so I had to put them on hold.

Also, thanks JamesX and Spyro201 for the recommendations!

No problem :)

I could list set animation to watch just like James and Spyro has, but that maybe just my biased opinion

So rather then that if you need to know something on say a genre or such. Or maybe to talk about dub roles, then just give us a PM

:3

Back