Hayate the Combat Butler

Otaku-san

Chuunibyou
So i noticed the other day while going through MAL (MyAnimeList) that the TV series, from the book of the same name available from Viz. Is directed by the well known Shinichi Watanabe AKA Nabeshin.
I already recall Japan airing the series when looking through June/July's issue of Newtype USA, though it only gave such a brief on the show itself at the time, i didn't feel it a necessity to plunge into anything.
Now i credit Shinichi, he's a very good directer amongst the many others, and distinguishable by his bright vivid attire but i am kinda finding it tedious that the guy has to but himself in nearly every show he directs....

Other then that bet's that ADV get the license, if not then someone's got to hire Brett Weaver

Well given ADV's track record with his other shows they could well get it but with the way ADV is, i reckon it will be a "wait and see" I mean we could not get it at all.

Though i only noticed this series for a completely different reason :p the fact that one of the eps has a refrence (or a few) to gaogaigar in it :lol:

I watched the series... it starts off strong but the later episodes really feel pointless unfortuantly. The 50 odd episodes really dragged and it couldhave been better if it was just 26 eps.

The whole series unlinke Excel saga is very otaku focused and you dont get alot of the humour unless you have been into anime for along time. I really cant see this coming to the uk to be honest.

The first half is more based upon the manga, then it goes anime-only for no apparent reason, I never noticed a real decline in the humour, though. It was fourth-wall smashing fun, with a couple of lolis and animu referencing.

I dunno about a UK release; I never even thought Bandai would license it, in all honesty. It's got the similar, if not the same fanbase as that other thing about Shooting Stars with that blue haired 5 year old who likes to dance. VIZ releases of the manga must do fairly well.

KOTOKO does the intros, also... Oh, and it references Knight Rider, lol.

Back