Hajime no Ippo 3rd Season Announced

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
Weekly Shounen Manga have announced that a third season of Hajime no Ippo will air in the autumn season.

Hajime no Ippo is a sports manga about boxing. The story focuses on Ippo Makunouchi who fights his way through the featherweight class of Japan and the world.
Both the previous seasons were animated by Madhouse. The first season ran for more than 70 episodes, and the second season, New Challenger, ran for 26 episodes. They also animated the Champion Road movie and the Mashiba vs Kinura OVA.

I really want to get into Hajime no Ippo. I've seen the first episode of the original anime and loved it. But the fact there's been no proper release of the anime or the manga makes it a bit of an annoyance for me. I'd happily watch on DVD/read the multitude of episodes/volumes, but the idea of downloading it all and making my through it as actually quite off putting.

I was so happy when i saw this news yesterday, really great!!! Yes the last series was not that great but it was great at the same time, plus it was already in hd which was a big difference to the first one. I saw the first one long time ago and did rewatch it this year downloading it again. I just hope Funimation just get the license for the first show as its very difficult to find/expensive the r1 version that did exist a few years ago from Geneon. Plus someone could just release the second season too....

MaxonTreik said:
I don't see the problem with downloading if it's not available here.

It's not a moral thing, it's I just find it harder to get through long running shows via download compared to on DVD, though it sometimes depends. Like, if there's a season with not much I'm interested in then I'd probably download something else and make my way through that or if it's something like One Piece, which I just had, had, had to catch up on because I love it soooo much.

20thCenturyBoy said:
MaxonTreik said:

It's not a moral thing, it's I just find it harder to get through long running shows via download compared to on DVD, though it sometimes depends. Like, if there's a season with not much I'm interested in then I'd probably download something else and make my way through that or if it's something like One Piece, which I just had, had, had to catch up on because I love it soooo much.
I still don't understand why you think there's a difference between either method of watching.

MaxonTreik said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
MaxonTreik said:

I still don't understand why you think there's a difference between either method of watching.

It just doesn't feel as comfortable to me. Plus, being on my computer means other distractions.

VivisQueen said:
bakum4tsu said:
Yes the last series was not that great but it was great at the same time

... wut?

Its like, its not as excelent as the first series but its good at the same time. For me, it just didnt lived to the hype I had at the time it aired. Plus as far as I remember, it was not really focused on Ippo so it ended being a bit different even though there are other main characters yes.

MaxonTreik said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
MaxonTreik said:

Effort.

A third season of Ippo. So that's what everyone was going on about. Ahhhhhh, well get hype. I have an excuse to make a start on the first two seasons now. I've read a fair few of the latest chapters and it does take my interest, so i'm going to make a start on it soon so i can prep for the autumn airing.

I havent read that much from ippo manga but my brother does and he says its very good at the moment. I didnt wanna read hoping this would come and it did lol But I will read it for sure one day.

Back