GUYS, new Final Fantasy out now in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Final Fantasy XIV: PERSONA

FF14Persona4.jpg

It seems that Square Enix are taking so long with FF:XIII Fabula Nova Crystallis that they decided to go ahead and make the fourteenth game in the series before we even get to play a demo of the XIII series!

If you don't believe me then this is taken from a recent interview with Tetsuya Nomura who did the character designs, directed the game, voiced all characters AND did the music too, below is an interview with him about the game.

Interviewer: Good morning Nomura-san.

Tetsuya Nomura: Yes, good morning.

Interviewer: Well, today we're here to talk about the latest series in the Final Fantasy franchise, Final Fantasy XIV: PERSONA, what gave you the urge to create this before even completing your own Fabula Nova Crystallis title?

Nomura: That's a very good question. You see, while I was hard at work I felt the need to create a game which has you involved with people living in the same town as you, it isn't exactly Final Fantasy which resolves around a grand journey, but I'm sure people will appreciate it! (laughs)

Interviewer: I see, well then, can you tell us the meaning behind the "PERSONA" title?

Nomura: Well you see, the PERSONA sub-title has a meaning to it, it's meant to be a representation of ones self, their own being and how they reflect upon it, negatively or positively. The outcome will be their own spirit that fights for them, sort of like a guardian angel if you will, depending on the person that is how they will form their own Persona.

Interviewer: Like a stand from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Nomura: EXACTLY!

Interviewer: What about the characters, what are they like, is there any that are special to you during your creation?

Nomura: There are several characters I came to adore during their creation, especially the characters, who are similar to Sephiroth, Faris from an early Final Fantasy title and even Selphie, they are all unique and interesting in their own way, which is why I designed them like that.

Interviewer: Ah, I see. Now about the music, could you explain to us about that process?

Nomura: It was the first time I ever took charge in composing, it was a very difficult process, but I believe it worked well, the OST is very... different to previous games, it's got different elements of various genres in there, a little bit for everyone you might think. We also called up this band, YouMeAtSix was it? To do the opening theme, they're very popular here in Japan, I think they'll do really well for the fans.

Interviewer: Very interesting and insightful. Finally, Nomura-san, I heard you did all voices for the characters, what was that like?

Nomura: Ah... well you see, that part of the game was very stressful for me, I literally poured all my heart and soul into it, giving it my all, like the characters do during battle in the PERSONA game, I felt like I was on a spiritual level with them. I had trouble once or twice with a few characters so I called up a well known voice actor by the name of Johnny Yong Bosch to assist me, he was very helpful and even recorded a few lines for me for a few characters.

Interviewer: Thank you Nomura-san, but that's all we have time for today.

Nomura: No problem, it was an honor speaking with a fan! ~^_^

See? This game is 100% legit, go buy it now. I actually bought it earlier this week, about 22 hours in. Brilliant game on par with FF:VI IMO.

...I don't get it. All SquEnix did was release the Persona 4 in the UK, they had nothing else to do with it. They aren't even on my US version ;p

If you don't get the joke, you don't really deserve to be told, but alas, I'll do it anyway.

Square Enix published it in Europe, you know, when you see SE attached it's usually an instant buy... yes? So people would buy it without knowledge of P4 and assume it's an SE game.

Nomura: OOOOH, now I get it! (laughs)

Last edited by a moderator:
Lupus Inu has a kind of a delusional, surreal dislike for Final Fantasy. I really don't get it, though. Maybe this nonsense is funny on 4chan?

I generally believed CitizenGeek wouldn't post another boring "Lupus Inu is associated with 4chan" post, keep it out of this topic, it was a JOKE topic, I in no way have hostile on negative feelings toward the Final Fantasy series in this topic. It's your own problem if you're clueless with RPG games beside the FF series.

Lupus said:
It's your own problem if you're clueless with RPG games beside the FF series.

What are you talking about? You seem to have decided that liking the FF series more than other series somehow makes you, by default, an ignorant, inexperienced fanboy. Your logic is childish, your sense of humour is decidedly humourless and your obsession with my fondness for Final Fantasy is flat out weird. Please build a bridge and kindly get over it ;]

I actually found it humourous, so I guess I'm sad. Also, CG, I got to say... But at least Lupus is more humourous than 4chan, so that's a given.

Eh, maybe I laugh at everything *shrugs*

As for Nomura-twat, I would dread to think if he was the man behind P4. Literally, I would burn it (or trade it in).

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus said:
It's your own problem if you're clueless with RPG games beside the FF series.

What are you talking about? You seem to have decided that liking the FF series more than other series somehow makes you, by default, an ignorant, inexperienced fanboy. Your logic is childish, your sense of humour is decidedly humourless and your obsession with my fondness for Final Fantasy is flat out weird. Please build a bridge and kindly get over it ;]
I think you're taking it a little too personally now, I never even said that to offend you. I think you should just stop replying.

Do you think this thread is an attack on you? Yes.
Do you think this thread was a joke topic regarding the "Square Enix" logo on the Persona 4 box giving people the wrong idea? No.

Either way, you're making a really big deal over nothing. Pathetic.

Why does Chrono and Lupus hate Nomura so? I don't get that, either. It's because he's popular, is it? His designs are objectively no worse than anything in the SMT series, and I would say that they are by far superior.

I don't hate Nomura, he's a good artist, but as a designer he takes himself a little too seriously and all he ever talks about is clothes. His designs are very flamboyant and there's one too many zippers and belts on any character he designs. (Except FF:XIII, he's going to town on that, Vanille is a prime example.)

Lupus said:
I think you're taking it a little too personally now, I never even said that to offend you. I think you should just stop replying.

I think you should stop trying to be funny, because (despite all of your imported 4chan memes) you're not.

Do you think this thread is an attack on you? Yes.
Do you think this thread was a joke topic regarding the "Square Enix" logo on the Persona 4 box giving people the wrong idea? No.

The Square Enix logo was on the box because that's what publishers do. They put their logos on their products. There's nothing particularly funny about it.

Either way, you're making a really big deal over nothing. Pathetic.

You decided to call me clueless about other RPGs even though that's entirely unrelated to this topic. You're a joke, and not in the way you'd like to be. You're freaking out because no one reacted the way you wanted to your "joke". Too funny! :]

CitizenGeek said:
Why does Chrono and Lupus hate Nomura so? I don't get that, either. It's because he's popular, is it? He's designs are objectively no better than anything in the SMT series, and I would say that they are by far superior.

Oh, you have to spring that one on.

/Rant

Nomura is probably a good art designer. BUT HE IS ONE OF THE WORSE DIRECTOR I'VE SEEN. He end up ruining Advent Children, tore everything I thought was actually great with KH by bringing in KH2 and he is a uninspiring art designer, despite what he does good at it. All his characters look samey and he is so cryptic and egotistical in his interviews imo. And he hasn't surpassed Amano one bit imo. I believed his has soul and appeal to me, whilst Nomura kept on repeating the same, generic designs.

I've got to say, he did a great job with The World ends with you, since his design actually suited the funky, modern urban style of Shibuya and its fashion trends. But it's sadly a shame that whatever he directs turns out to have some darkness or emo/naive teenagers saving the world.

Sure, I can look forward to Versus XIII. But eh, I rather stick to the SMT games. At least their personality and backstory of characters are actually something I adored.

/rant over.

While it is not my intention to offend anyone, I have to say that it is clear that a fan of FF more often than not means a worshiper, which I was, until I reached the age of reason. (Ok, I plagiarised that from George Carlin :D)
Sorry, I'm joking. On a serious note, it is impossible not to notice what Square-Enix has been up to in the recent few years. FFX-2, FFXI, FFVIIAC, FFVIICC, FF Dissidia. They are clearly exploiting their good reputation and the dedication of fans.

The simple fact of the existence of these titles proves that SE is using a cheap market strategy, and this in turn lends its support to the proposition that FF fans, or rather -for the sake of objectivity- most fans would purchase just about anything indiscriminately that has Square-Enix written on it. Tell you what, if there was a limited edition Kadaj dead foetus figure with Square-Enix printed on the packaging, it would sell out.

Additionally. The fact that a given person does not find something funny is clear indication of the fact that he does not belong to the targeted audience.

CitizenGeek said:
I think you should stop trying to be funny, because (despite all of your imported 4chan memes) you're not.

The Square Enix logo was on the box because that's what publishers do. They put their logos on their products. There's nothing particularly funny about it.

You decided to call me clueless about other RPGs even though that's entirely unrelated to this topic. You're a joke, and not in the way you'd like to be. You're freaking out because no one reacted the way you wanted to your "joke". Too funny! :]

I rarely ever "try" to be funny, maybe you should just get a sense of humor?

Well, obviously, hence why I scribbled out the Atlus sign, that's how the joke all started.

Well, you are, aren't you? I mean I'm far from a master of RPGs myself, but it doesn't seem like you've played many. Also, I'm not exactly freaking out, I knew from the start it wouldn't be well recieved, but I did it anyway. How was I meant to know every individual user/lurkers reaction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back