Gungrave - Overdosed?

Dani

Dandy Guy, in Space
Anyone a fan of the game series?

I love it and have loved it for quite some time now. Got the chance to pick up the sequel Overdose, and well, I'm in love all over again.

The game has its flaws, hell I could list them like a shopping target, but any true fans knows to see past these flaws to get to the gold undernealth.

Anyways, I'm not a huge fan of the new artbox/dialogue conversation/storyline drivers. I just don't find them engaging enough, and it seems there is lack of FMV in place of it. Meh, its still good though.

The storyline, which a greater importance seems to have placed upon - probally thanks to the Gungrave anime, is not as grippingas the first, its just seems like another excuse to resurrect Brandon from the.... eh... sleeping chair. The same goes to the souless new characters (stupid puns!!!).

Overall, due to Grave's new faster pace and improve repetoire, I'm happy (well, except with the health replacing-sacrificing-a-shot-for which is sorely missing).

I gave myself a case of RSI on the first game ('til I discovered the constant fire option - doh!), but yeah, it was great fun. I can remember getting some ridiculous combos in it - the other great thing being it was possible to look so cool to anyone watching by doing extremely little. I plan to pick up Overdose/OD at some point, considering it's relatively cheap now, plus I recently saw the first bit of the anime which has kick-started my interest again.

I played the fist Gungrave when it came out, i hadn't even seen the anime but it was ace. The graphics wernt great and i had no idea who any of the characters were but the gameplay rocked. Now iv got into the gungrave series im definatley gunna pick up overdose.

yeah i really need to pick up overdose. ive had the first game since it came out and loved it. and i recently found the series so definetly up for overdose.

I bought it from japan when it first came out. Oh how I love just mindlessly wnadering around blasting everything in sight. ^-^

Back