Gundam Wing Complete Remastered Edition

sanji no 1

Vampire Ninja
Im planning on getting this because its supposed to be really good. I never watched it when it was a tv so i thought i would get it.

What i want to know is that is there another Gundam series before this? Or is Gundam wing the first gundam series?

There were several Gundam series preceding it, but it is the first in it's own particular "universe" of shows. So in theory you won't have needed to see those other shows first (which is good, as most of tham have never been available in the UK).

Is this still available? I tried ordering it from HMV but they said that they have no stocks as they were being supplied by Woolworths who recently went out of business.

It's available, just you might have to shop around as Beez's distributor went under as well as Woolworths (just afterwards actually). The new system should be up and running but there might be some delayed deliveries to certain stores as I understand it.

R

i actually always wanted to get into this show, never been into gundam... well, ive never watched any of it or any mecha stuff... but this, this im drawn to. im getting it ^_^

Ambrogino said:
There were several Gundam series preceding it, but it is the first in it's own particular "universe" of shows. So in theory you won't have needed to see those other shows first (which is good, as most of tham have never been available in the UK).

Actually G Gundam was the first of the Alternate Universe shows :p then it was Wing and then Gundam X which was the last till Turn A Gundam a few years later

As for it being all the episodes yes it should be, though i'm not sure if it incliudes the sequel OVA series, Endless Waltz.

If you go here http://www.gundamofficial.com/index2.html you can see the different universes (hover over/click on the moving thing on the page) Gundam Wing is After Colony, the original Gundam series' are universal century, G Gundam is Future and Seed is Cosmic. That covers most of the main series' on the front page.

I spent soooo long trying to figure out where all the different Gundam series' and films went, it makes me weep just thinking about it.

Also the unreleased (in the west) timelines for Gundam X is After War and Turn A Gundam is Correct Century. Of course Gundam 00 takes place in our timeline so is A.D. :)

It's a pity that Turn A Gundam and Gundam X nevger got licensed, despite being considerd the best Alternate Universe shows :(

Gundam 00 is great though, provided you don't feel sensitive about the more relevant issues it covers (terrorism, child soldiers, Middle-Eastern wars etc.)

BlackWolf said:
Ambrogino said:

Actually G Gundam was the first of the Alternate Universe shows :p then it was Wing and then Gundam X which was the last till Turn A Gundam a few years later

I'm not sure if I'm not being clear or you're not - As far as I'm aware Wing is the first series in the After Colony universe. G Gundam may be an alternate universe to the original series, which I can't remember the term for, but it's in no way related to Wing (outside of the overall Gundam brand).

Am I wrong, or wasn't I being clear that's what I meant?

Ambrogino said:
BlackWolf said:
Ambrogino said:

I'm not sure if I'm not being clear or you're not - As far as I'm aware Wing is the first series in the After Colony universe. G Gundam may be an alternate universe to the original series, which I can't remember the term for, but it's in no way related to Wing (outside of the overall Gundam brand).

Wing is the only series in After Colony I believe. G is in Future universe, all on its own. Each universe is COMPLETELY separate from each other, they just use the Gundam name as it is popular as far as I know.

Ambrogino said:
BlackWolf said:
Ambrogino said:

All the series mentioned are unrelated (well, except for featuring Gundams) and set in different universes, I think what Black meant was that G Gundam was the first Gundam not to be set in the Universal Century, which all Gundam series up until then had been based in.

I'm getting this for Christmas. If my mum was able to find it online then it can't be that hard to get hold of. :p

ayase said:
Ambrogino said:
BlackWolf said:
Ambrogino said:

All the series mentioned are unrelated (well, except for featuring Gundams) and set in different universes, I think what Black meant was that G Gundam was the first Gundam not to be set in the Universal Century, which all Gundam series up until then had been based in.

I'm getting this for Christmas. If my mum was able to find it online then it can't be that hard to get hold of. :p

Ah sorry my bad, :oops: yeah i meant G Gundam was the first animated production to break away from the universal century timeline. In the After Colony timeline only Gundam Wing and Gundam Wing Endless Waltz are related (i think one of the manga series is cannon to it but that just may be G-Unit as some of the others contradict eachother)

Right, sorry to completely revive a dead thread, but I picked this up a few weeks ago, and it seemed to be legitimate.

However now that I've started watching it I'm getting the feeling there's something wrong with it, if I watch through 2 of the 3 DVD players I've got available, all of a certain shade of red comes up very very blocky. And if trying it on the final player I've got only just reduces the problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone out there has had similar issues.

How many discs does it come on and where did you buy it from?

The version I have is the region 1 anime legends version. The series was split into 2 sets of 5 discs.

I bought if from Forbiddenplanet.com in the end. Its 2 boxes each with 5 discs, and the art book, its got the Beez logo on it, and on the discs, and it includes French, English and Japanese audio.

I'm fairly confident that its legitimate, hence the reason I'm surprised that the quality seems so low.

Back