Gundam Games - any fans?

Dani

Dandy Guy, in Space
Anyone here a fan of the Gundam games for the PS2?

I know they aren't exactly the best 10/10 in Edge games in the world but they are very enjoyable, moreso if, like me, you are a massive fan of the Gundam series (and the original UC timeline).

Just got my mittens on Gundam Vs. Zeta Gundam from the states together with Zeonic front, to join my Federation Vs. Zeon (which was released here).

I also have Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow winging its way here soon and I plan to get my mittens on Climax UC because it doesn't seem as if it will be coming outside of Japan anytime soon.

I have Federation Vs Zeon, and to be honest you'll probably only really like them if you are a Gundam fan. As a game, the controls are clunky, movement slow, and the space battles are just plain horrible. But as a Gundam fan, it looks right, sounds right and is perversely enjoyable.

I did like the Gundam Side Story: Rise from the Ashes on the old Dreamcast though. Was a solid game with a good story and presentation, and was only really let down by the controls (1st person games just don't work well enough on the DC's controller). Still the best Gundam game I've ever played has to be Gundam Wing: Endless Duel on the SNES. Just a shame the later Battle Assaults had such weak gameplay.

True, the controls are clunky, but after a while their become second nature, I have some issues with it, like not being able to hit an enemy in any way unless the target indicator is red.

The Vs. Zeta takes the engine and improves minorly on it, adding more ships and such.

Shame to enjoy the games it's best being a fan (the Zeta game really puffs out the fan love compared to Federation).

Back