Gundam 00 - Series 2

McIcy

Mushi-shi
Anyone else watching this at the moment.

I loved the opening episode introducing us to the old and new characters and how they have changed over the preceeding 5 years.

Exia is pretty much half the gundam it was from the end of Gundam 00, with Setsuna unable to repair it on his own he has been using it to fight his own private war carrying out interventions alone believing the other members of Celestial Being were wiped out.

I loved how the minor characters are being given more prominent roles with with Saji Crossroad being 'resued' from wrongful imprisonment but Setsuna and Louise (Saji's ex-girlfriend) now piloting one of the A-Laws Gundam's, does this mean that Saji will end up in a Gundam after discovering the truth and have to face her in battle. This could be either a brilliant storyline twist or an episode of the two of them facing each other and yelling and talking things out, i hope its the first option.

Characters - spoiler as I'm not sure if this is a spoiler or not ep.2 reveal
one of the bits I am disappointed with is that they are reviving Lockon Stratos in the form of a twin brother, i could somewhat accept a younger or older one but the fack they have gone with a twin seems to say the animators couldn't come up with a new character design

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm watching it, currently on the 2nd ep of the new season, love the look of the 00 Gundam, was also happy to see a Zeta Gundam refrence wih the A-Laws (A-Laws = Titans)

Oh and about the new Lockon...He's a double agent so to speak

Can't wait for the next eps :D

Haven't read the previouse posts (incase of spolers), I'm waiting for more episodes to be aired so I can have a blast threw them. Looking forward to it however as I loved the first series.

BlackWolf said:
I'm watching it, currently on the 2nd ep of the new season, love the look of the 00 Gundam, was also happy to see a Zeta Gundam refrence wih the A-Laws (A-Laws = Titans)

yeah althought I get the feeling that Celestial being already know that as Setsuna tells him that his partners are going to be raided by the A-Laws. i am thinking that unless they bring in a 5th Gundam then he will either 100% join them when his friends are wiped out or will leave and Saji will become the pilot of Dynames in his place

McIcy said:
BlackWolf said:

yeah althought I get the feeling that Celestial being already know that as Setsuna tells him that his partners are going to be raided by the A-Laws. i am thinking that unless they bring in a 5th Gundam then he will either 100% join them when his friends are wiped out or will leave and Saji will become the pilot of Dynames in his place

True, Hopefully i'll be able to watch ep 3 some time this week as i want to see if they get Allelujah back

Also i saw that Graham has stepped into the role of the masked character

Will hopefully get to see ep.3 tonight will be good to see how Allelujah's mind has held up now his psycho side has supposedly disappeared, i hope he still has the fight that hallelujah had, he rocked when he came out to play

i dunno i like the New Lockon

I'm more interested to see how Saji grows knowing that it wasn't them that hurt louise

oh and speaking of Saji, who says CB aren't evil, torching the poor guy with a Haro :D

RetroRainbow said:
Not up to date with the first 00, so haven't watched the second season, yet. Will definitely get around to it at some point, though.

its a double edged sword a lot of gundam fans didn't rate it much but people who hadn't seen much of the previous series and movies really seemed to get into it

McIcy said:
RetroRainbow said:
Not up to date with the first 00, so haven't watched the second season, yet. Will definitely get around to it at some point, though.

its a double edged sword a lot of gundam fans didn't rate it much but people who hadn't seen much of the previous series and movies really seemed to get into it

Yeah i've seen some bad and "meh" reviews but mostly i've seen the positive reviews. I can understand some of the negative comments (like the fact that the main characters were "pretty boys" like Wing) but other then that we have a show that has supassed SEED Destiny already

McIcy said:
i am thinking that unless they bring in a 5th Gundam then he will either 100% join them when his friends are wiped out or will leave and Saji will become the pilot of Dynames in his place
It's a pretty popular theory that Saji will pilot the 0Riser, a G-Defenser a-like Gundam upgrade plane thing that's being sold in Japanese hobby shops. Speaking of hobby shops, I'm highly tempted by hlj's half-price 00 Region (basically a Fix Figuration release) Gundam Exia. If it wasn't so high quality, i'd rip its arm off and turn it into the cool one-armed bandit Exia from the beginning of series 2.

What does everyone think of Graham being the Masked Man? I think my refusal to put it in spoiler tags should display enough contempt :p. I'm reminded particularly of Bern Burnings from Dunbine. We know who it is, drop the ridiculous façade already :p

It's amusing that considering how many masked-men Gundam has in it, finding out their identities has NEVER been particularly revelationary. Char's identity was apparent from his first meeting with Sayla, Quattro's from his first line, Iron Mask's from the first beacon of Star Wars cliche. Tomino didn't even bother giving Chronicle and Harry Ord secret identities :p

Back