Got Any Anime/Manga/Japanese Tattoos??

ZenTattooist

Brigade Leader
So... a couple of you may know that I am a tattooist by now.
I was just wondering if any of you guys had any anime/manga/Japanese related tattoos??

Over the years Ive only been lucky enough to have a few clients that wanted anime tattoos ( Ive done a few Bleach, Naruto and Final Fantasy related ones! ) Ive also done a number of Japanese Koi and dragons etc as you would expect.

I got my chest done a year ago with a saying 'Koketsu ni Irazunba Koji o Ezu' with a chicano style twist! ( Apparently meaning 'If you do not enter the tiger's cave, you will not catch its cub ' IE: "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" )

Heres a pic:
( Just after it was done so still sore, bruised and swollen! lol )

Chest.jpg

So, have any of you guys got some your willing to show??? :)

Wow, hello Zen, interesting thread. I don't know of anyone with an anime tattoo. You must have been cringing as you gave that person the Naruto or Bleach tattoo, I think the chances of them regretting it later in life is very high...

On a slightly separate note though, the properly traditional ancient art of Japanese tattoos is fascinating. I read an article about a very serious master Japanese tattooist a little while ago, and thought "I ever get a tattoo (which I'm never going to do!) I'm getting it of someone like that". It's a deep art form.

I have to say I quite enjoyed doing the tattoos! lol I still chat to one of the girls that has the Naruto Curse Mark as a tattoo ( I think thats what its called, I dont follow Naruto at all ) and shes still as happy with it as she was when it was done 3 yrs ago. But I can see what you mean tho :)

Im very interested in the tradition method that the Japanese used. Apparently theres only a few people people even in Japan that do it nowadays....but it looks brutal lol

Well as long as she's happy with it (and stays happy hopefully) that's all that matters! Yeah I don't think there are many traditional Japanese tattooists left. But apparently this master that I was reading about (who I believe is quite well known around the world now) is still active and can be commissioned to do tattoo's, but I think it's very expensive, and I believe he chooses the tattoo for you! I actually like that idea though.

Yeah that's the guy! Proper sick guy isn't he. I think a waiting time of a few years sounds pretty reasonable for someone of his calibre, it's the same with all topper top tattooist's who have a reputation. I remember this guy who's supposed to be one of the best tattooists is the country had his parlour on the street right behind one of my old friend's house, it's a totally unassuming location and the shop itself looked even more unassuming and unappealing, but when my friend tried to get a tattoo there he was told he'll have to wait a couple of years before they can do him! Apparently it's where Ozzy Osbourne gets all his tattoos from.

Always wanted to get the Fate/Stay Night logo (the plain logo without the text) to go across my upper back. Shame I haven't got it yet, but its on a want list of things yet to come.

When I was young I always thought I was going to get lots of tattoos when I got older because they looked so cool and all my favourite people had them (Undertaker!!). But now I'm unsure if I would, I just think that I would undoubtedly get something that at that very moment I thought was so cool and something I loved and would turn around and hate it the next day and just wonder why I done it now I'm stuck with it. Even in the last few years I've thought about ones that would be cool and then just went "no, I'll end up changing my opinion on this", I was actually thinking at one point of getting a Venom/Carnage tat that I thought would be really cool but then went off reading comics for a while so glad I didn't. Since I got into anime/manga though, it's something that's crossed my mind to show the support for the series that I love. I buy merch to wear and show off so why should a tattoo be all that different? I'd love to get a One Piece one but can't think of one that I would be honestly happy to have forever. Just yesterday I actually thought of something Japanese that I might actually get...one day. It's this:

kasa.gif

The "lovers names under the umbrella" thing, I'd love to get that with the person I end up spending my life with...Now I just have to try and find that someone. But I think that would look really great (obviously done better than the example pic) and would be something nice and different.

I have 2 tattoos but none are Japanese. I would like to get one though. I'm having a think about what (and where) I want my 3rd.

One of my tattoos is pretty normal but the other isn't so I don't want my 3rd to be normal either. You know how loads of people get tribal bands, phrases, hearts, stars, etc... I don't want any of that :p

Thats a pretty cool idea...quite unique.

There have been a few anime related ones Ive wanted thoughout the years that I never got around to getting done. Being a big fan of the Street Fighter series Ive always wanted a SF related one done...but have never settled on an idea. I also quite like the idea of the FMA logo. Im not as much into FMA as i used to be, but I still like the design. I would also like Inner Moka from Rosario+Vampire done among many other ideas too! lol I do have a chibi spiderman on my underarm tho! lol

I have to say, In my experience of tattooing....not as many people 'regret' tattoos as people are lead to believe.( and dont get me started on the amount of tattooing 'horror' stories Ive heard over the years! lol )
I will admit, I have tattoos myself that haven't been done as well as they could have, or I think I could have positioned them somewhere more suitable....but I dont regret them. For me at least when I have a tattoo done, it becomes part of me and its almost like its always been there! lol but...I am heavily tattooed so maybe my view of tattoos is different than someone for example just has one or two??

Here is another one I have, Japanese Kanji meaning 'Protect/Defend' (hopefully! lol) I do have various kanji and katakana tattoos spread across my body lol

I do have my share of tribal and stars etc!! But I have to say I had them done years ago before they became 'popular'. I cant even count the amount of stars or tribal Ive done at work! lol

TatJoeFoot.jpg

I'll admit, the idea of a Tattoo has always been one i've avoided. Not because there aren't any cool ideas i'd go with, but because of the actual "putting the tattoo on". Admittedly i don't know much of how it works, but the idea of any kind of needle going near my skin makes me run away at light speed XD If i didn't actually fear that though? I'd be tempted by something, but since i've never thought on it, i have no idea what, or even where for that matter. Something i'd still need to consider if the chance ever arose.

I quite like the feeling of getting a tattoo :D

Not in a pervy way or anything. I find it relaxing. I have social problems and the day I got my 2nd tattoo had been particularly scary (town had been packed with people etc....) but it calmed me down :D

I think the thing I found most interesting about that Hiroyoshi the 3rd guy, is that he said a tattoo should never just be something to find visually appealing, but that it should be something to improve and balance the life of the wearer. And so if a very meek soft natured person comes to him for a tattoo, he may be likely to give them a very fierce tattoo (or vice versa for a fierce person) which will help to provide balance. So, it's like trying to balance the Yin and Yang energies through giving tattoo's. I thought that was an interesting concept. Still don't ever want one though...I'll balance myself through Tai Ji instead!

Nice thread,

I have 3 Tattoos, only 1 is in japanese but i designed 2 of them (i'll always believe that if someone is taking on that life long commitment to get inked up, they should either design it themselves or have something they know they'll never regret)

The japanese tattoo i created and had done the other year was a tribal in the figure 8 with the word family written in kanji in the circles of the 8 itself.

I've designed an anime girl with a halberd for someone here on the forums years ago, never did find out if they got it in the end or not.

Here's a design i started but never finished, because of your thread i will aim to finish it and post it up as a complete stencil and also full colour.

I have thought at length about getting an anime tattoo but i just can't bring myself to do it yet, i've got a tribal scorpion to finish designing first lol

Tachi said:
Nice thread,

I have 3 Tattoos, only 1 is in japanese but i designed 2 of them (i'll always believe that if someone is taking on that life long commitment to get inked up, they should either design it themselves or have something they know they'll never regret)

The japanese tattoo i created and had done the other year was a tribal in the figure 8 with the word family written in kanji in the circles of the 8 itself.

I've designed an anime girl with a halberd for someone here on the forums years ago, never did find out if they got it in the end or not.

Here's a design i started but never finished, because of your thread i will aim to finish it and post it up as a complete stencil and also full colour.

I have thought at length about getting an anime tattoo but i just can't bring myself to do it yet, i've got a tribal scorpion to finish designing first lol

Awesome :D

In my opinion tattoos are always far more unique and special when youve designed them yourself or at least have had a big input into creating the design :)

Your should post some pics! :thumb:

I have a hamster tattoo on my lower arm! Now the reason I bring that up is because I'm getting both Mokonas surrounding the Hamster within the next two months, along with some floral designs to mesh them all together. When I get it done, I'll post the photos here.

I've been planning on getting a Ghibli upper arm sleeve to accompany the above design, it's just a matter of getting the money together.

Dannielle said:
I've been planning on getting a Ghibli upper arm sleeve to accompany the above design, it's just a matter of getting the money together.

Awesome :)

Had a client in my Studio once that had previously had a 'My Neighbor Totoro' half sleeve.. I thought it was brilliant!

Gotta love Ghibli!

I really want a transmutation circle but since I want it on my wrist, I'd have to get a not so complex one so I don't know. My right wrist is more of a blank canvas then my left so I definitely need/want to fill it.

Back