GOD EATER OT | Confirmed: No Japanese audio option for Western versions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by NormanicGrav, Dec 21, 2015.

1. NormanicGrav

NormanicGrav The Eagle-Eyed Member Moderator

After many years, God Eater returns to the west for PlayStation 4, Vita and PC.

Resurrection is the remastered version of God Eater Burst, which was previously released on PlayStation Portable. Resurrection adds new additional features including new continuity for God Eater 2 Rage Burst. The game was just released in Japan for PlayStation 4 and Vita back in October 2015. The anime adapted from studio Ufotable covers most of the events of God Eater (with its own storyline). Ufotable also handled the cinematics for the video game franchise.

Rage Burst is the 'Burst' addition to God Eater 2 (the original was released on both PSP and Vita). The sequel, released for PlayStation 4 and Vita in Japan back in February 2015, covers a new setting and new cast of characters in the same universe.

You can check out the God Eater's main English website here.

UPDATE:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  2. thedoctor2016

thedoctor2016 Dragon Knight

Re: GOD EATER OT | Resurrection & Rage Burst Coming to West on PS4, Vita & PC

So the anime did make it popular enough for a release of RES and 2

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2016
  3. NormanicGrav

I would argue that Bandai Namco had planned on localising God Eater 2 Rage Burst first but when Resurrection was announced they kept it on hold for that release. I doubt the anime would have had any effect unless the sales turn out better than expected.

4. thedoctor2016

I think it was both resurrection and the anime coming out at the same time, i do think the anime has a little to do with it.

5. NormanicGrav

6. thedoctor2016

YES YESSSSS

7. ilmaestro

ilmaestro State Alchemist

Awesome, GE2RB is one of my favorite hunting games, having more people able to play it will hopefully motivate me to play Resurrection, too.

8. NormanicGrav

Bad news, during an interview the devs have stated the game will be purely in English when asked about the audio options.

Source

9. thedoctor2016

Thats not good especially when people know the JP Vas from the Anime.

10. ilmaestro

Thank heavens he cleared up this intricate timeline.

I'm not convinced that's as much of an issue as you think it is.

11. NormanicGrav

I have no problems with English dubs, heck a lot of them are handled much better on video games than in anime. My issue is that there is no need to keep the Japanese audio off of the English release - unless they have an excuse, which is licensing issues (that I can understand).

There are two Vita games that are English dub only (Operation Abyss and Danganronpa Another Episode). The former went with Dub only due to memory limitations on Vita and the complexity of the programming while the latter had no space for both audio options however the original audio was added via free DLC.

With God Eater surely there's a way to include both audio options unless the programming was that complicated (in addition to character lip-syncing).

12. ilmaestro

They're pretty big games by Vita standards (~3.5GB), so I guess it would have to be DLC if they did. Hopefully they're just not ready to announce that yet and it's still a possibility?