Ghosts, poltergeists, paranormal

Kurogane

Chuunibyou
Do you believe in poltergeists or ghosts? :p

I used to be a nut for all those shows documentating ghostly encounters and so called poltergiests invading peoples homes, and I was completely sold on the whole concept.

And thanks to the internet, I managed to hold onto my beliefs :p

I thought this would've been quite an interesting topic, as I'm interested to know what people think about this kinda stuff, and to find out if I'm not just some crazy guy 8) :lol:

I cant really say I believe in such things. Im one of these people who has to see something to believe it. If I find myself seeing some see through people at night I might become a believer so until then? Although I do like to watch tv programs an the such about it, always find them intresting if not daft at times.

Ghosts, poltergeists, and such..well, not really. i've had a chat to a medium before, they though i had seen a ghost before but i said i haven't and they where surprised when i said that, since they thought i had and they had never seen me before =/. Most probably, if i had seen a ghost maybe in my past then maybe i wouldn't be so sceptical about the matter but thats just me. Mind you i am open to loads of things, i tend to think almost nothing is impossible(bar perfection since nothing can ever be perfect), so i'm not going to rule out the fact that there maybe some out there.

It would be illogical to believe in ghosts, spirits, etc. I have a firm belief that when you die, you're dead, lights out. No more. You don't return to Earth in some spirit form. :p

Well, I was the same really but over time, I've seen some very convincing shows about such events etc, and also I myself have done a Ouija(sp?) board before, and my first preconceptions about it were that it was fake and basically just a load of hooey, but it does actually work, and that kinda sold me off to believing the whole thing ;/

Well, I admit I'm a little cynical about ghosts and other spirits, but I don't rule out it's possibility.
There is, like Olmus said, usualy a logical reason for things, even if we don't notice it at the time or ever. It's just far too easy to go ahead and blame unusual event on a poteguist.

In other words, I believe there's a chance of unrested spirits around, but I don't 'cry wolf' everytime something wierd happens. Heck, it may just be people seing/hearing things at times, like a white figure.

Olmus said:
It would be illogical to believe in ghosts, spirits, etc. I have a firm belief that when you die, you're dead, lights out. No more. You don't return to Earth in some spirit form. :p

I can understand what you mean, but I've seen enough documentaries, videos, pictures, testimonials and whatnot to make me think that there can actually be poltergeists etc

Ghosts however; thats kind of a different thing, as I don't really believe there are ghosts floating around everywhere, and that we just can't usually see them (like a sixth sense sorta thing)

I filmed a documentary about this subject back when I was at university, set up interviews with paranormal investigators and they were nice people although every arguement for the para-life (as they called it) was flawed and pretty much aweful and at times I had to stop myslef laughing as they sat there convinced flecks of light and static on tape recorders were ghostly apparitions.

Although I don't believe in Ghosts and Ghoulies, I do believe that some weird things happen an although its not the dead who's to say they aren't creatures who live outside our scope of reality..... After all we discover new species every day.

As Shakespeare wrote:- "there are stranger things on Earth than there are in heaven"

It's hard to tell were i stand i live in a house where it creeks and the lights play up but thats because it's awful floor boards and the elecy company doesn't like me :p

On one hand things moving objects, strange voices etc hard to explain them.

But then you have most haunted and that derik acura whatever his name is claiming every thing's a ghost killed it.

X_nick_X said:
It's hard to tell were i stand i live in a house where it creeks and the lights play up but thats because it's awful floor boards and the elecy company doesn't like me :p

On one hand things moving objects, strange voices etc hard to explain them.

But then you have most haunted and that derik acura whatever his name is claiming every thing's a ghost killed it.

Most haunted is a load, you can tell he makes that **** up :lol:

The more serious programs though, where they devote like an hour long program to one case or whatever, thats kinda convincing.

- My mom used to live in an apartment in Manchester with a friend when she was about 20, and when she came back from work, the lights would be turned on, and water would sometimes be running.

Maybe the neighbours snook in at random intervals to take showers/change lightbulbs :p

I'm thumbs up for science and totally against paranormal and in most cases religion. However I don't have a clue what will happen at/after death, rencarnation would awsome but I doubt thats the answer. As someone said I believe in lights out. I think the same will happen as to that of before you born, blank, when your dead you don't have a brain to think about life after death and thus there won't be one. Kind of rambled on about life after death rather than general paranormal rubbish :D

Im the only person in my family that doesnt believe in ghosts.

My mother said she has seen a ghost of a nun at the old church near me. long story short theres was a balcony completely sealed off and my mother saw a nun up there. The church had been empty for 20 years.

Now to my cousin when he lived near me many years ago his lights started turning them selves off every few minuts. Then the video player started playing videos then rewinding them then ejecting them. After all this happened they ran out of the house screaming and never whent back in the house again.

Now As for Psycics so called people that can see the future. I can tell you something that could prove they exist. My mothers freind whent to a Psycic asking when she would die but he wouldnt tell her after much pleading with him he did. He said you will be killed by a white car. So she stayed away from white cars for 5 years then one day her son was playing in the street and a car was just about to hit him when she pushed him out of the way and she was killed. Gues what she was killed by a white car.

Ive got many more storys but I will save them all for later :p and no I am not making this stuff up

I suppose I'm kind of strange, because I think once you die, also, thats it. You just get recycled back into the floor as dirt :p

But I still think there could be poltergeists etc ^^

I think there's one living in my sister, cause she's a bitch 24/7 xD

Hyaku said:
I suppose I'm kind of strange, because I think once you die, also, thats it. You just get recycled back into the floor as dirt :p

I had nightmares about that thought for months when I was younger, trying to contemplate what it means to not exist.

I prefer the Terry Pratchett answer: you go to a desert, which you walk accross til you feel you have atoned and then you go to your own personal paradise.

I'd also like to be able to relive the happiest times of my life, like uni, I would love to go through that again

Dagger said:
I'm unsure.. they could be real or not. Only way to really tell is to see one.

You can't see poltergeiests :p

As for the 'seeing is believing', you can't see air, amongst other things, but thats real for sure.

I have always been interested in the paranormal. I absolutly love the documentaries and tv specails you get on tv from time to time. Does anyone remember the show sightings, it was a paranormal and ufo show that used to be on the SCIFI Channel. :D

Back