Ghost of a ghost..

Gavrev

Dandy Guy, in Space
Hi peeps,

Not too long ago I hesitantly bought into the notion of a reboot of Ghost in the Shell, with the arrival of ARISE.. Well, we have parts 1 & 2 on DVD here in the UK, but now we seem to be waiting on parts 3, 4, 5, and 6.. and as seems so often to be the case, all has gone quiet. THEN there was talk of a new series, but that seems to be an amalgamation of the first episodes (of which I already own two..) with another spinoff..

Am I the only one who's confused into a bucket? What the hell is going on with the GITS franchise? I'd be most grateful if anyone (including the producers) could shed some clarity on the matter.. It's bad enough getting shafted by the Evangelion films.. :?

Same thing happened to Hellsing Ultimate. They released Parts 1-8 but there has been no word on when they're going to put out the last 2 parts. The last part they released was in May of 2013, so it's looking less and less likely we'll see them at all. I wish they'd stick to releases and see them out to the end even if sales drop off. You may as well finish the release if you've started it or you'll start to get a reputation of doing so so people may not buy future multi part releases. I saw a few people saw they were sceptical about Manga putting out DBZ Kai seeing as it's another multi part release. It is very annoying.

If it's any consilation, try looking on the Madman Australia store. They might have what you're looking for and all of they're blu ray stuff is compatible in the UK. I haven't seen GITS or any of it's series or I'd look myself, but you probably know what you're looking for more than I do.

Abandoning a series part way through is why I normally stick to box sets.. I guess we shall wait and see.

Emulsion said:
Arise only has 4 movies. Excluding the Japanese imports, 3 and 4 haven't even come out in the US yet.
It's five technically. The TV series is basically the four existing OVAs recompiled for TV with the inclusion of two new episodes named Pyrophoric Cult. The new arc will be released in Japan on BD in August as the fifth OVA under the same name.

Emulsion said:
Arise only has 4 movies. Excluding the Japanese imports, 3 and 4 haven't even come out in the US yet.

I got that feeling.. I'm just a little concerned that it's going the same way as Evangelion. I don't like delays, and anime always seems to take forever to appear..

Mangaranga said:
Emulsion said:
It's five technically. The TV series is basically the four existing OVAs recompiled for TV with the inclusion of two new episodes named Pyrophoric Cult. The new arc will be released in Japan on BD in August as the fifth OVA under the same name.

Thanks for the clarification there Mangaranga. I do wish they wouldn't over complicate these things.. Why so much messing about? It's bad enough with America rebooting everything every six minutes, and as for Disney remaking Dumbo, Beauty and the Beast and God only knows what else whilst scrapping Tron 3.. Humph.

Mangaranga said:
Ah OK. Didn't even know there was a TV series.

Totally agree that the situation with Arise is frustrating.

I have a pretty low opinion of the series so far, but even so, I'd like to at least know what's happening regarding release plans, etc. Especially with the disclosure that there'll be more content for Japanese TV. Will we see that released over here at all?

Back