Doctor Who Discussion

I'm tempted, but I've already got them on DVD and have watched them so many times I'm not sure if an upgrade would be worthwhile. I might wait and see if they appear in a sale at some point.
I'm waiting to see some clips and what special features will be ported over before I decide. The saved space will be handy if I do pick it up.

An update on the Who Blu Ray front it looks like the set has sold out at Amazon.co.uk, but with them it could any any reason why the listing has changed.
Set is back up now.
My copy has now dispatched from Zoom.co.uk

Weird choice so guess we are getting Later doctors first seasons?
So Season 22 and 24?
Though 24 is easily McCoys worst I hope they do 26 for him
My guess is that they're leaving Hartnell and Troughton well alone due to imcomplete seasons and the slim chance of animations or recovered episodes. I think they'll go for a Pertwee season next, though because a lot of the stories during his run required extensive restoration (restoring colour etc) I'd imagine they'd go for Season 10 (Three Doctors/Carnival of Monsters/Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks/Green Death) since there's only one episode in that run that needed work done (Planet episode 3)

After that I reckon they'd go back to Tom Baker or possibly take a risk with a Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy season (25 or 26, since 24 would sell poorly.)

My guess is that they're leaving Hartnell and Troughton well alone due to imcomplete seasons and the slim chance of animations or recovered episodes. I think they'll go for a Pertwee season next, though because a lot of the stories during his run required extensive restoration (restoring colour etc) I'd imagine they'd go for Season 10 (Three Doctors/Carnival of Monsters/Frontier in Space/Planet of the Daleks/Green Death) since there's only one episode in that run that needed work done (Planet episode 3)

After that I reckon they'd go back to Tom Baker or possibly take a risk with a Colin Baker or Sylvester McCoy season (25 or 26, since 24 would sell poorly.)
Remember McCoys seasons were cut in half so we could get a 25&26 set

It does have Earthshock thats about it really
As Time-Flight is also there *Shudders*
I quite enjoy Castrovalva, Kinda, and Earthshock. Four to Doomsday and The Visitation were decent but Black Orchid and Time Flight are shite, even the cast said so on the commentaries.

I'm buying the set just for the new special features, the ones in the Season 12 set were worth the price alone.

Remember McCoys seasons were cut in half so we could get a 25&26 set
I'd be fine with that. I feel that a complete Colin Baker set with both Season 22 and 23 could work, but it'd be missing his awful debut The Twin Dilemna, which is hunkered onto Davison's last season.

I quite enjoy Castrovalva, Kinda, and Earthshock. Four to Doomsday and The Visitation were decent but Black Orchid and Time Flight are shite, even the cast said so on the commentaries.

I'm buying the set just for the new special features, the ones in the Season 12 set were worth the price alone.
As all the 5th Doctors companions actors are alive.
Though Janet Fielding is quite critical of how sexist it was these days

I'd be fine with that. I feel that a complete Colin Baker set with both Season 22 and 23 could work, but it'd be missing his awful debut The Twin Dilemna, which is hunkered onto Davison's last season.
I assume they would put that with 22.
Also protects Caves of Androzani
Probably would do that as they could include 5 doctors with 21

As all the 5th Doctors companions actors are alive.
Though Janet Fielding is quite critical of how sexist it was these days
Her and Sarah Sutton were entertaining on the Behind the Sofa extras for Season 12, even if it did feel a bit out of place seeing them commentate on a different doctor.

Her and Sarah Sutton were entertaining on the Behind the Sofa extras for Season 12, even if it did feel a bit out of place seeing them commentate on a different doctor.
Sarah Sutton did have two with tom baker, And Fielding had Logopolis (Christ she is so bad in that and Season 19 she isnt that good) but then in 20 and 21 Tegan is really good when she returns her departure is really sad too due to her basically sick of all the deaths.

Sarah Sutton did have two with tom baker, And Fielding had Logopolis (Christ she is so bad in that and Season 19 she isnt that good) but then in 20 and 21 Tegan is really good when she returns her departure is really sad too due to her basically sick of all the deaths.
That's true, and I'd imagine they'd do some features for Tom Baker's last season, though I think that one would be saved for later on in the range.

That's true, and I'd imagine they'd do some features for Tom Baker's last season, though I think that one would be saved for later on in the range.
Apparently the outdoor scenes for s19 the 16mm film can be found so they can get those actually in hd While studio again will be upscaled I assume that and it being davisons first season is why it’s being done

Apparently the outdoor scenes for s19 the 16mm film can be found so they can get those actually in hd While studio again will be upscaled I assume that and it being davisons first season is why it’s being done
Yeah I think that's why it's been chosen, hopefully it'll look decent.

Back