Gears of War [360]

Nemphtis

Hunter
I did a search and couldn’t find a topic on the 360’s most anticipated game of the year, so I’ve decided to make one instead. Gears of War is a third person shooter which has visuals that hint at the fact developers are slowly making games worthy of the title ‘next-gen’. The Locusts are attacking mankind and basically everyone’s getting their **** kicked as they make a desperate struggle to survive. The game has a lot of emphasis on shooting while behind cover, but many people have the misconception that this means the game will be substantially slow in pace. If you’ve seen any of the gameplay footage or talked to anyone who has played the game at a Microsoft event then you’ll know that’s far from the truth, as the general concept of the game involves you to run from cover to cover taking down your opponents but not wasting too much time in one spot because practically every location has a flaw meaning you can’t camp.

A lot of clans/squads/guilds are looking forward to this title because the multiplayer looks very promising and from the buzz that’s being generated it’s going to be the next Halo until the real Halo is released some time in the next decade or something. I’m too lazy to explain any other details but the game now has information on the official site which you can easy find on Google and I also suggest you check out some of the screenshots to see how pretty this game looks. The game will be released on the 17th of November (Emergence Day) in a normal case and a special collector’s edition tin case.

So, anyone else interested in this upcoming shooter for the 360?

Tried playijg this a earlier in the week and its amazing, one of the only games I've played thats made me wanna go straight out and buy a 360, the sounds are amazing, the graphics blew my mind. I really hope that the PS3 gets a release like this

Based on the hype I would imagine Microsoft will jump right out and purchase the developer if the game is anything close to being as big as the hype it's receiving. I look forward to kicking the ass of some AUKN members once the game is released, only seventeen days remain!

Gears of war is on my most wanted right now, when I first looked at it I thought it looks good, but back then I never thought it'd be as popular as this, all the hype about it going up against the PS3.etc

As long as the game is quality, I don't mind what they're trying to do on the marketing side. I just want a good game that's enjoyable both on and offline. GoW looks as if it can deliver on this so fingers crossed.

They've released a lovely commercial trailer on the xbox live marketplace and gaming websites, if you do watch it, try and get the high quality video, the graphics are something worth drooling over ;)
(can't wait to throw a chainsaw into my friend's face :eek:)

This and believe it or not Viva Pinata are currently the only games that call the 360 for me. However Resistance, and Eye Of Judgement quickly counter them.

Dead Rising is overrated; I gave that game back after seeing how stupid the gunplay was implemented into the entire thing. As for the chainsaw, people have the impression that you can just run around cutting everyone down. The chainsaw is a last resort weapon, the developers have said it will be notably simple to shoot a player who’s running at you with a chainsaw in the knee and watch him stagger, then finish him off with a few extra bursts.

November 17th. Emergence Day. The same day I’ll be kicking some ass and taking names.

Stupidly good game, don't think any game has ever got me swearing that much in excitment for a long time, kind of feel sorry for my teammates ;)

Rukario said:
It looks pretty harsh, this and Dead Rising makes me want to buy a 360... when they go cheaper. XD

Agreed I would love to try out Dead Rising, it looks like a brilliant Zombie game and the story seems very interesting especially if the game changes each time you restart it depending on who you save

It's a good solid slice of actiony fun, but doesn't bring anything dramatically new or refreshing to the table. That said, playing the campaign co-operatively is damned good fun, and the team-based multiplayer is a good exercise in tense, pseudo-tactical blasting, in that you have to work as a team to get anything done. Not the best thing ever, but far from the worst too, and a nice stopgap until Halo 3.

i just finished the game in just 2 sittings! via co-op mode at my next door neighbours house!
playing GOW, in HD through component cables and 5 speaker surround sound, blew my mind....
i so want a 360.
ps3 for the lose.

yeah i played GOW the other day, and not many games took my breath away like GOW did, i mean, dispute the nature of the game its just so so pretty.

Started this game today, got it for christmas with an HD "ready" tv, and was gonna wait till I got the HD set up to play it in all its glory, but was dissapointed as the guy at the shop said you have to have an HD dvd player (incredibly expensive) or Sky HD to have HD on your tv, so I've got an HD tv that will most likely never see HD until it's cheaper/more efficient to get it running.

Anyway back to Gears of War... great game =] nuff said (even without HD =P)

Rukario, I suggest you avoid Rainbow Six: Vegas if you're not the 'cover' kind of person. ;) You probably won't be a big fan of the upcoming G.R.A.W2 either, I imagine.

Back