Games you've played to Death

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
Mutsumi said:
Mario Kart and Smash Bros are still about skill now. Good players will still beat bad players, just as it should be. The only difference is the games have changed in a way that means even if you suck at the game, you can still have fun, more so than the previous games.
Then explain why every time I'm leading for an entire race I get blasted by a blue shell just before the finish line? Anyone who thinks recent versions are about skill have never played the older ones. Nowadays the series is designed to **** you over for being good at it. **** Double Dash and **** MK Wii.

Mutsumi

Guild Member
Shuuya said:
Mutsumi said:
Mario Kart and Smash Bros are still about skill now. Good players will still beat bad players, just as it should be. The only difference is the games have changed in a way that means even if you suck at the game, you can still have fun, more so than the previous games.
Then explain why every time I'm leading for an entire race I get blasted by a blue shell just before the finish line? Anyone who thinks recent versions are about skill have never played the older ones. Nowadays the series is designed to **** you over for being good at it. **** Double Dash and **** MK Wii.

Are you not good enough to recover from that blue shell hit and retake the lead? Are you not good enough to have built up enough of a lead beforehand that even after the blue shell hits you and you recover, you are still leading? Sure, I've lost a few races from being blue shelled near the finish line. I've won some from my opponent being blue shelled there too though.

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
How to avoid a Blue Shell: The moment before it drops, use a mushroom. I do agree that Mario Kart Wii's AI can be a pain in the ****; but usually, I'm in suck a lead that a blue shell doesn't make me lose my position; or that I can quickly recover it. It's only when it happens just before the finish line that I want to choke something.

In regards to what games I play...

My Pokédex is Seen: 646 Own: 646

So er...yeah. I easily put more than 300 hours into each of my Pokémon games.

memorium

Za Warudo
Joshawott said:
How to avoid a Blue Shell: The moment before it drops, use a mushroom. I do agree that Mario Kart Wii's AI can be a pain in the ****; but usually, I'm in suck a lead that a blue shell doesn't make me lose my position; or that I can quickly recover it. It's only when it happens just before the finish line that I want to choke something.

Exactly, but you need a mushroom on you and you need to assume that someone has a blue shell, so it ends up being a game of pure luck

Mutsumi

Guild Member
memorium said:
Joshawott said:

Exactly, but you need a mushroom on you and you need to assume that someone has a blue shell, so it ends up being a game of pure luck

Or you can try to tactically drop a place to divert it.

kupocake

Stand User
Deus Ex, Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles. These are games that it is pointless for me to own, since I can play them in my head.

Dark Yami

Hikikomori
Without even thinking it would have to be Final Fantasy 7 for me closely behind would Metal gear solid 4. It barely takes me a week these days to beat both of those games, Final Fantasy 7 isnt as long as i remembered it.

Cathe

Great Teacher
Warriors Orochi 2. I love it but I played it so much when I was going for max achievements that I just can't load it up any more. I try and it just reminds me of when I was grinding proficiency points and it just depresses me now haha.

JamesX

Magical Girl
I've not played Smash Bro's for years! I bet they are collecting dust somewhere in my house...

I would was FF7, but considering it's a fairly big game in terms of Content vs Played time I think I played Phantasy Star Online I & II for the GC a hell of a lot more. Kind of want to play it right now actually.