Game of the Year

Aya-Kun

Hunter
The year is pretty much over and I was wondering what everyone's game of the year was?

Mine hands down in Journey from the PSN. It was beautiful visually and the soundtrack was perfect and fitting. Even if it wasn't all that long it doesn't matter I've played through it countless times and love it the same each time if not more.

A close second would possible be Assassin's Creed 3 -though I kinda forget what I played at the beginning of the year XD thought nothing would beat Journey-

My game of the year? That's a tough one...

I'll probably have to say Kid Icarus: Uprising on Nintendo 3DS. A brilliant online experience (especially for a handheld), a story full of delightfully quirky characters and fantastic use of what the 3DS has to offer.

Game of the Year? oh god, what a question. Erm, there is a lot i could list that deserve mentions. Hotline Miami, Lollipop Chainsaw, Halo 4, Resident Evil Revelations, i could go on. I'll need to go back and have a think about this one.

Can't we add Worst game of the year to this one? Since then, i could give you an easy answer. Resident Evil 6 was awful =/

Haven't played much from this year, but I think Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise was the most fun I had playing something.

For this tune alone:

Last edited by a moderator:
Max Payne 3; I had high hopes for this as the first two formed part of my favoruite third person games, and even though the whole film noire feel of the first two was lost, it still managed to have a brilliant story, great acting, exceptional set pieces and some of the best gunplay of this or any other generation. The new York flashback missions were probably the best, but the stadium, the airport, the coach station.....god they're all so memorable!!

Honourable mentions go to:

Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D - Exceptional story, great game
Rayman Origins (Vita) - Looked beautfiul on the OLED and just a magical platformer. Cannot wait for Legends.
Trine 2 - Quality Wii U eShop game. Looks, sounds and plays magically.

I'd give my game of the year award to Total War: Shogun 2's standalone expansion 'Fall of the Samurai'. Loads of fun to play, with the more modern scenario allowing for a load of cool new units and gameplay mechanics.

Honourable mention to Catherine for being utterly addictive with a compelling, though short, plot.

Max Takeshi said:
Haven't played much from this year, but I think Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise was the most fun I had playing something.

For this tune alone:

That was catchy.

As for games, I've not picked up any new releases at all this year, I've only been watching videos of other people playing games. That said I would pick either Max Payne 3 or Dragon's Dogma. Max Payne because it strangely feels fresh in this day and age, even though at it's core it hasn't changed for years. And Dragon's Dogma because it has some rather interesting gameplay mechanics.

Mass Effect 3. Out of all the games i've bought this year, this is the only game i've completed more than once and that I am still playing regularly because I seem to have gotten addicted to the multiplayer XD

Year's almost done, sooooo...

Binary Domain. Team Yakuza surprised just about everyone who played this game with how well they managed to pull off a Western-style third person shooter. I played through four times, on all difficulties except easy, and I could definitely go for another round. Shooting bits off bots was hugely satisfying, the voice recognition finally gave me something to do with my previously neglected headset, and social linking was a nice touch that led to multiple endings.

Honourable mentions: Max Payne 3, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Pandora's Tower, Dishono(u)red, and The Last Story.

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)

The game I had most fun playing was this - a surprisingly decent story, a variety of great rhythm sections, excellent soundtrack. What more could you ask for?

Honorable mentions:
Planetside 2
Borderlands 2
Asura's Wrath
The Last Story

Max Takeshi said:

For this tune alone:

this version is so much better

it has parapa in it :D

Back