UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

I watched a few episodes of Smartphone on Funi Now a while back. I liked the show, but I've been having a lot of issues with Now, so I'll pick up the BD when the price goes down a bit (I'm not interested enough to pay the £37 it's currently at on Amazon).

AOT/MHA are trash, so I agree.

Also, WOW. As a non-Brit looking in, it looks like Sony is doing a bad job there. DVD included in a double sized case? Utter nonsense. Even FAILimation doesn't do that.

They gave us DVDs separately originally which was better than FUNI cos we weren't forced to own them. They didnt sell so they followed the US model and also ive had so many US FUNi sets break because so many discs. Yes I would want them to remove DVDs but funi hasn't yet and if the US model works it makes sense why sony followed it. Oh and I bet AoT and MHA outsell most other funi titles so it makes business sense for those to be released first as did the near date parity. What doesnt is the removal of all the CEs the randomly releasing shows months behind america so people would have imported. I do think Sony will fall because of lack of marketing and silly decisions but choosing AoT and MHa to launch with weren't any of them.

Twas the night before Christmas....ok a few nights before Christmas and Funimation were in a festive mood, so they granted the gift of offline viewing on IOS & Android devices :) that’s right you can now download shows to watch offline for when you have no connection so adios to boring long car journeys and hello anime journeys. There will be teething problems I’m sure and not all shows will have the download option but this is still a step in the right direction.

Update and go

More info: https://www.funimation.com/blog/2018/12/20/wait-download-go-debuts-funimationnow-android-ios-today/

I predicted this in January so I sent anime limited a message about all these anime in question.
They didn't message me back and that was well over a month ago.

Back