UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

I know. Doesn't mean I have to like the concept.

Better to have a show accessible to a wider audience while its still relevant and being talked about rather than moths later. Plus it minimises the chance of people getting spoiled by those ahead of them.

I honestly don't see really any tangible difference between Funimation's simuldubs and ones that are worked on longer. Maybe sometimes it sticks with certain actors but I find that performances matter more, I wouldn't have MHA any other way.

If I compare to the likes of dubs commissioned by Aniplex, who always take months but tend to turn out well, I'm not hearing an appreciable difference.

Actor variety will likely get better as it becomes easier to record actors in other locations.

No, it’s because of Union Law a lot of actors wont do Texas due to them believing everyone should be paid the same which they are in every other region of America

I wish we'd had the CE for Smartphone just so I could have the adorable keychain, but I'll probably pick a copy up anyway. Sure it wasn't the best show but it was undoubtedly entertaining.

I think Tanya’s popularity was overstated after all it doesn’t have an LE
Funi has scaled back thier CE offerings of late, in less convinced it's down to popularity and more a shift in how they release shows. Only sure fire hits seems to be getting the treatment (aside from Smartphone)

I still think tanya’s Popularity was over stated. If they do bring it here I will be surprised
I wonder why Amanchu was released here then? Using MAL as a guideline it is rated lower (7.35 to 8.13) and Tanya has been marked as completed by about 7 times amount of users! (c. 25,000 to c. 170,000)
Do AL release some shows just as passion projects? Is it a difference in attitude of the companies that makes you say that.
Obviously MAL is worldwide which would make the numbers smaller here.

I wonder why Amanchu was released here then? Using MAL as a guideline it is rated lower (7.35 to 8.13) and Tanya has been marked as completed by about 7 times amount of users! (c. 25,000 to c. 170,000)
Do AL release some shows just as passion projects? Is it a difference in attitude of the companies that makes you say that.
Yes AL release passion projects its why tiR got a UE

I think some of it also comes down to what they can actually get these days. Though Amanchu has some fans on here.

Back