UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Personally, I will never forgive the BBFC for what they did to the UK release of Paranoia Agent.

A mandatory cut to an 18-certificate title, in case a child attempts to imitate what they saw?

What. The. F***?

You're not the only one completely gobsmacked by that train of logic. If it says 18 on the packaging then that means the kids wouldn't be able to buy it themselves anyway. At some point it should become the parents' responsibility, not be taken out on the consumer.

I imported the US version of Paranoia Agent for that exact reason. Messing with Satoshi Kon's vision should be classified as a crime. :D

Last edited:
Until we get more facts we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Don't forget that Universal released both Seraph of the End and Arslan in the U.K. while that was released by Funi in the US. It could be the same thing where Universal happens to have the UK distribution rights?

Until we get more facts we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Don't forget that Universal released both Seraph of the End and Arslan in the U.K. while that was released by Funi in the US. It could be the same thing where Universal happens to have the UK distribution rights?
In those instances, Funimation didn't hold UK rights, Universal acquired the show directly from the Japanese licencor (NBCUniversal Entertainment Japan) themselves. For My Hero Academia, it has been confirmed Funimation acquired UK from Toho Animation and is responsible for sub-licencing the show, seemingly to Universal.

I personally see it as a good thing anime limited where taking on way more than they could handle. Hopefully Universal being a big company will have more assets that will help them get products out quicker and with less defects and with more bang for your buck.

Last edited:
I personally see it as a good thing anime limited where taking on way more than they could handle. Hopefully Universal being a big company will have more assets that will held them get products out quicker and with less defects and with more bang for your buck.

Honestly, I don't see this as a permanent switch over to Universal, AL have only been partnered with Funimation a year, maybe less.

Honestly, I don't see this as a permanent switch over to Universal, AL have only been partnered with Funimation a year, maybe less.
Funimation isn't exactly known for there loyalty to there partners, first they dropped MVM for manga then manga for Anime Limited but who knows it's only speculation at this point will have to wait and see. Someone should ask Jerome he always says he's got contact's in funimation who tell him things.

Funimation isn't exactly known for there loyalty to there partners, first they dropped MVM for manga then manga for Anime Limited but who knows it's only speculation at this point will have to wait and see. Someone should ask Jerome he always says he's got contact's in funimation who tell him things.

You forgot three years at Revelation between MVM and Manga. They are like a cat in heat when it comes to partners. If Universal is next, that's it. They'll have run out of partners

He's already tweeted about it, see for example his replies in this thread: mattcgw on Twitter

OVERLORD Collector's Edition is now available for pre-order on Amazon UK.

Amazon lists 9 artcards instead of 11 however.

Here's what the US set looks like:
81RwK3JNQ1L._SL1500_.jpg

I'm sure with Persona 5 dropping not a lot of people will have noticed the Funi now app is now available on the ps4 ;)

I'd already used a US account to download it, so I didn't notice. :D It's still a buggy mess as far as I can tell though. Buffer issues on every video, random crashes, badly timed CC subs etc. Crunchyroll got that stuff down, maybe they should share some tips with them. :D

I'd already used a US account to download it, so I didn't notice. :D It's still a buggy mess as far as I can tell though. Buffer issues on every video, random crashes, badly timed CC subs etc. Crunchyroll got that stuff down, maybe they should share some tips with them. :D
I downloaded it through my US account but it'd never load.

Back