UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Anime Limited have expressed interest (along with Wolf's Rain & Nichijou) so there's that. I'd say it's a safe bet we'll get all three eventually, be it through Funi or A/L.

I remember asking AL if they'd take Scrapped Princess, but didn't see a response - good to know they are looking at it... :)

They are not where the sales are I admit but It means if they lose modern titles that are dual audio and BD I will no longer support them and I will not want to support just AL.
They can't even get their DVD-only titles right anymore. They may as well cater solely to the supermarket crowd.

Power rangers isnt even out
PAL and crazy overpriced as three season sets compared to the German PAL complete set and Shout Factory US complete set. PAL live action is only acceptable for PAL productions.

And then there's Dino Charge, being split into PAL volumes for supernarkets when the complete series DVD is about £13 from Germany with English audio.

Funimation have hinted on Twitter that they have rescued Gosick. This is great news and its also rumoured to be getting dubbed. I would take any form of UK release for this, its a fantastic series.

I'd definitely buy this, especially as I've been wanting to rewatch it recently and the series has been removed from Crunchyroll. Hopefully funi give it a BD release as I know it was DVD only in Australia.

Well, it looks like they might be dubbing it, from the stuff i've read from other people. As to whether it gets a blu-ray, i guess that depends on whether the assets are available. I daresay i'll be buying it though

Funimation have hinted on Twitter that they have rescued Gosick. This is great news and its also rumoured to be getting dubbed. I would take any form of UK release for this, its a fantastic series.

It's pretty much confirmed (that Funi US have the license that is), even with a dub to my surprise.

Basically this title among a fair amount of others are part of a whole Kadokawa Pictures package deal. And I can very much guess a certain curious show is also among the deal.

Gosick is one of only 2 pirate versions of shows I have left. (the other being Battle Angel). Id love to replace it with a genuine copy, I wonder if its a title Anime Limited would be interested in? Id happily buy the bog standard blue ray if it comes to the UK via Funimation.

Back