UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Remembered My Hero Academia was out this week so decided to pop on Amazon and see how much they were selling it for... ships in 1 - 2 months!!!!! Delayed or Amazon being silly buggers again??

(Tangent: they emailed me the day of release of Detective Pikachu informing me it'd be 4 - 6 weeks before delivery! It showed up 5 days later. The End)

Just watched a video of the US LE being unboxed and it looks huge. Like maybe it's just me but it looks much bigger than Season 1s and it's kinda making me think twice due to the space they'll take up in the end so I may just get the UK SEs at this point and use the saved money to finally buy the Japanese FLCL set as I'm itching for a re-watch soon...

So with that rambling over, where's the best price just now? Just in case I decide to go that route...

Funimation UK Feedback

Hi everyone, I’m new to these forums, well forums in general (let’s not count Reddit *shudders*) and I’m told you’re a bunch of friendly anime lovers :) .

Many of you on AUKN discord likely already know me, but for those of you who don’t I’m 23 and love anime.

Recently I got my first freelance job with Funimation(well a company who works for them) to help them with their UK social accounts (helping them spell correctly ;) ) this also made me a mod on the official Funimation server.

As well as helping with the social media aspect, I’ve also been asked to be Funimation eyes and ears for the UK and anything I think they should know to tell them.
This brings me to you people, I’d like you to give me feedback on Funimation of their current state in the UK, try to give it in bullet points, so it’s easier for me to compile a list to pass on to the overlords. It can be anything from concerns to praise yo questions, but it has to be about their presence in the UK market and not why can’t we see their USA store to import ;).

Feel free to share this with other UK anime communities, the more information the better.

The Funimation UK social media channels have been on life support for a while to be honest; only posting about Funimation Now with messages that are too long. With Funimation having another stab at the UK through Sony Pictures, it would be nice to see updates and posts relating to home ent releases shared through Funimation's actual brand channels too.

Some more variety wouldn't go amiss either; some posts more focused on fun content or engagement rather than just "[X] is now available to stream!".

Following on from @Just Passing Through's comment, I'd also be interested to know if there's any chance of the previously announced Universal Funimation titles (and you thought there is never a girl online? etc) making it over via Funimation.

It would be nice if Funimation release some of the series we are now having to import. We are now missing out on big releases so some sort of update on that side would be useful.

Funimation of their current state
I've only got one suggestion. Fix the app so it actually works, both Android and PS4. A lot of the time it starts buffering or comes up with a blue screen with a server error! All the other video apps work fine the vast majority of the time YouTube, Amazon, Netflix and Crunchyroll.

Funimation UK Feedback
  • I'd be very interested in UK Blu-ray releases of Nichijou and Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
  • Who is going to be handling UK Funimation releases in the future?
  • Any chance of a subbed version of Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (and 2022) streaming in the UK?

Thank God Full Metal Panic Invisible Victory is finally up for us. Baffling that this took three weeks longer for Kadowaka to relinquish the license for streaming here yet Steins Gate 0's dub released the same as every where else.

It would help if we were kept informed. If we were directly told that they were actively presuming those rights and that we might have them soon instead of leaving un the dark. If people feel like we might never see a show for some arbitrary reason (very possible in this industry) tyen will seek other means. But just maybe they'll be patient enough for the official release if it only krajs waiting a fee weeks.

Back