UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

Yeah after the rumours that the s1 set sold about 250 and there being buyers of the s1 set who didnt order here I think somethings up (And yes im getting it from deep discount )

That sucks but what can you do, if season 1 didn't sell then you can't really blame them (although surely they would have been aware of that before planning it in the first place?). I wonder how the AU version will look as I'd still much prefer region B discs and don't really mind waiting either but the US set is just under £60 on UP1 so I might just get that as I want it to match my Season 1 LE.

There are AUS orders and they use the image of the US LE but I can’t see any company listed so I assume it’s Sony there. But I will order from deep discount as I don’t mind A discs as I have A discs for AoT s1 now

I don't understand this obsession a lot anime fans have with everything needing to be a CE or LE.

It's because of that FUNi are seemingly making MHA one CE per cour, that's just ridiculous. UK not having an CE for MHA is okay.

I don't understand this obsession a lot anime fans have with everything needing to be a CE or LE.

It's because of that FUNi are seemingly making MHA one CE per cour, that's just ridiculous. UK not having an CE for MHA is okay.
No harm in a CE if assets are available, on the other hand its going a bit like video games in the US market where some useless tat is added just to have a CE. Ubisoft are the worst for this.

I think it's more that S1 was CE only and S2 is SE only. If both were standard only or LE only, I wouldn't really mind so much, but it's more the fact that UK fans aren't going to have consistent sets that bugs me.

Again I dont really mind as the people here didnt want to pay £60 even though they had the s1 LE so it kinda makes sense for sony to pull it again all the problems lie in how bad Universals set did

Some series really don't need a CE and MHA is one of them for me.
Instead, a nice artbox with part 1 would have been better to house the SE.

Took long enough. The pre-orders for My Hero Academia Season 2 Part 1 are now available on Amazon UK; Blu-ray and DVD.

Larger artwork will be posted on the UK Cover Arts thread.

I feel like a moron if this is true.
Is berserk season 1 from funimation a different series to the original re-release on blu ray over here?
It's a different series, animated back in 2016 in CG. The MVM release that was re-released on Blu-ray is the 1997 series, the better one.

Honestly the CG series is alright, it's just not the adaptation we were hoping to see.

I feel like a moron if this is true.
Is berserk season 1 from funimation a different series to the original re-release on blu ray over here?
Berserk Season One is the 2016 anime that covers the manga material that takes place after the Golden Age Arc, which was made into an anime in 1997 that MVM released on Blu Ray.
So yeah Funi's Berserk Season One is a different series to the original one that MVM released

Back