UK Anime Distributor Funimation UK Discussion Thread (Pre-Manga Merger)

I do plan to get all MHA LEs. Its cheap compared to DRR and Monogatari
As its £55 on Deep Discount before they drop it a bit so I will import them all

Just a heads up the LE is currently $70 on deepdiscount. Including shipping, even if the vat was added on(not including royal mail fee) is still less than this set on Zavvi.

Just a heads up the LE is currently $70 on deepdiscount. Including shipping, even if the vat was added on(not including royal mail fee) is still less than this set on Zavvi.
Might just get it from there, heck if they do another 15% discount code it'll be even less.

Might just get it from there, heck if they do another 15% discount code it'll be even less.
It is currently £48 including shipping from Amazon Canada. This will most likely incur a customs charge though bringing it up to ~£58 plus the service charge.

Still ends up about €10 cheaper than Zavvis Euro price if it gets caught.

It is currently £48 including shipping from Amazon Canada. This will most likely incur a customs charge though bringing it up to ~£58 plus the service charge.

Still ends up about €10 cheaper than Zavvis Euro price if it gets caught.

I'm never using Amazon Canada again after
they sent me now OOP LEs in Jiffy bags twice.

Pretty tempted to get it from the US but I assume it's gonna be locked to A yeah? I guess people don't know yet but what's likely?
Most likely to be region A. I would expect the Aus set to replicate this one when it eventually gets released there in a few months. Btw AoT S2 isn't out there until next month.

They've even removed the listing of the LE from their site now, guess I'll have to import it.
Either that or they made an error with the listing price and removed it. It's hard to imagine that 300 people spent £70 on that set, but then again I could be wrong.

Honestly I'd probably be willing to buy it for £60, but not £70. I mean I know a tenner ain't exactly a lot but I just won't pay that extra 10 for it, I still think £60 is far too much but I would begrudgingly part with that for it. But hey if it's not even on the site anymore maybe I've had my choice made for me, wouldn't that be nice. :p

Honestly I'd probably be willing to buy it for £60, but not £70. I mean I know a tenner ain't exactly a lot but I just won't pay that extra 10 for it, I still think £60 is far too much but I would begrudgingly part with that for it. But hey if it's not even on the site anymore maybe I've had my choice made for me, wouldn't that be nice. :p
I do the same when I buy things. They'll be a price I like and if it's £5-£10 more then I'll grumble and hold off getting it.

If this set is sold out then I'll likely go to DeepDiscount and get it there. A shame, I like to support the UK anime industry where I can, but not when releases are being handled this poorly.

Has anyone received the Attack on Titan 2 Collector's Edition from Zavvi yet? Is it as good as the US release?

I do the same when I buy things. They'll be a price I like and if it's £5-£10 more then I'll grumble and hold off getting it.

If this set is sold out then I'll likely go to DeepDiscount and get it there. A shame, I like to support the UK anime industry where I can, but not when releases are being handled this poorly.
Yeah that's my plan really, I would much prefer a Region B version but if that's not an option then so be it.

Just to add to the weirdness, I see UKAN posted a article about it and they don't mention the CE, so I went over and checked out Fetch and they don't mention it at all either (I'm almost sure I read something from them mentioning it a couple of days ago too, must've been someone else). All a bit odd really.

Back