Funimation Now UK Adds King of Thorn, Live-Action Parasyte Films & More

Screw Manga UK for burying them all tbis time amd shame on the licensors who let them do it.

Anyone know if Anime Limited pull these kinds of anti-consumer moves?

I mean we have 3 major distributors I don’t think funi investing in manga is very anti consumer. Them
Licensing stuff in America and dealing with CR was more than this. As AL and Mvm still exist and as sales figs don’t exist we don’t know who has the largest market share.

I was saying that Manga UK acquiring streaming rights they couldn't use was anti-consumer. Funimation acquiring them is only a good thing.

They didn't see the value in them irc. I believe they were offered something awful by CR for Sakamoto and since then kept them for themselves. And lots of AL stuff isn't streaming Geass films, Silver Spoon is US only stream wise so we don't know if AL buys streaming rights though they rarely say.

I was sure I couldn't access it in 2015 must have been wrong then.
Escaflowne is a better example. FUNI has US rights and is streaming it and it isnt streaming here

They didn't see the value in them irc. I believe they were offered something awful by CR for Sakamoto and since then kept them for themselves. And lots of AL stuff isn't streaming Geass films, Silver Spoon is US only stream wise so we don't know if AL buys streaming rights though they rarely say.

But why should they have steaming rights when they didn'tt have a streaming platform? Of CR or Funimation didn't want to be paying them. Manga were effectively middle men.

Japan bundles them its why CR has home rights to shows they really dont care for home rights say Free! S1 they didnt want home rights they wanted streaming and they were bundled.
Its why netflix shows dont get licensed in America usually no body wants just HV anymore Discotek is really the only option for that (which is why those amazon shows are big deals no one of the big companies wanted them)

I think a good chunk of ALs is streaming either on CR or Netflix. They even put stuff on TV (VICE) like Tokyo Ghoul.
Escaflowne was on Animax before it died.

Japan bundles them its why CR has home rights to shows they really dont care for home rights say Free! S1 they didnt want home rights they wanted streaming and they were bundled.
Its why netflix shows dont get licensed in America usually no body wants just HV anymore Discotek is really the only option for that (which is why those amazon shows are big deals no one of the big companies wanted them)

Then I refer back to my earlier comment about the licensers. Regardless of whether its the distributors taking the rights to protect themselves or the Japanese licensers handing them to companies who cannot use them (I hear different things from people), its not great for us.

I'm personally quite vocal about this because if any version of a show gets buried for streaming, it'll be the dub which adds nord financial burden specifically to those like me (visually impaired).

Back