UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

All the SAVE sets I own have reversible covers without the awful branding. I only have a few though, so I don't know if that was always the case.
I had no idea! Thanks for letting me know - there's a series I've been interested in that I'd been kinda reluctant to buy because those SAVE sets just look so bad, but I've looked around online and it seems like it's got a reversible cover so I'll probably get it now. Thanks! 😄

I'm pretty sure it didn't do too well for AL anyway so I think it'll be unlikely that Funimation will rescue the series
I hate how my taste in anime is so unpopular that UK anime distributors rarely license anything that I like 😭 I should get that region free player ASAP.

I hate how my taste in anime is so unpopular that UK anime distributors rarely license anything that I like 😭 I should get that region free player ASAP.

I think this is the best deal on Ebay for one that's actually fully multi-region for both Blu-ray and DVD (it is described as opened but never used), I understand this might still be out of your price range but if it's any help I'm glad to have spent a few minutes looking for you! :) (also if anyone has any criticisms please don't hesitate to say I won't be offended or start an argument, I just went through looking for one from a reasonably reputable known brand that's region-free for DVDs and Blu-rays rather than just for DVDs)

Plunder CE (UK) has just shipped from UP1, so anyone that held on might get dispatch notices soon too.
UP1 Probably still one of the cheaper places to get it from Plunder CE on it's own was £3.50 postage (so £39 ish). I was going to add some stuff to that order but I was too slow/ didn't honestly know if they would actually get released by the end of Jan as kept getting delayed.

One of the best investments? Buying (importing) just UK anime has been a very expensive hobby. I don't need it to become an even more expensive one by having the US market at my disposal! :D (and then become sad when the UK version eventually releases and I want that)

Gonna have to step up your anime game, if you want to collect it on physical media! I'm in the US and I not only buy US releases, but import and multiple-dip on anime releases from the UK, Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong. I have two multi-region Oppo Blu-ray players and 3 PCs with internal Blu-ray drives, and all are able to play any-region Blu-rays and DVDs. You just need to sell off a few internal organs and lots of blood and plasma, and all will be well in your anime universe! 😜

Do you really need some of those internal organs when you can have some gorgeous anime Limited Editions Boxsets sitting on your shelf?
Gonna have to step up your anime game, if you want to collect it on physical media! I'm in the US and I not only buy US releases, but import and multiple-dip on anime releases from the UK, Japan, Korea, and Hong Kong. I have two multi-region Oppo Blu-ray players and 3 PCs with internal Blu-ray drives, and all are able to play any-region Blu-rays and DVDs. You just need to sell off a few internal organs and lots of blood and plasma, and all will be well in your anime universe! 😜

Admittedly I'm no scientician but I'm sure you need at least most of your internal organs and even donating a kidney can result in significantly worsened health even if it won't necessarily kill you. Like honestly speaking as someone who's physical health is significantly worse than it used to be for various reasons? I would trade a significant portion of the titles in my physical anime collection for good health for the rest of my life! Maybe even all of them tbh.

oh, ffs - guess we can't bother to even joke around a little on this forum. I guess I'm supposed to go curl up in a corner and act all depressed now. I just donated a part of my pancreas to cancer, then I went on an anime buying spree to celebrate, and I couldn't be happier. You make of it whatever you wish to make of your situation, I say. Now, where's my Guinness?!

I didn't mean to make anyone depressed I'm sorry? I'm just having a really hard time of it rn. I'm honestly happy for you! I'm just really rather scared for my future atm and I can't just snap out of it :( I was just giving my perspective honestly... it's ok, good even, that others (yourself included) feel differently (and the "scientician" bit was meant to lighten what I said a little tbf).

Funimation Q2 2022 titles are now popping up on Amazon, prices are high as they usually are at the beginning:

(Disclaimer: Links are affiliated)

United Publications have the recently announced Funimation titles up to pre-order now.

Demon Slayer LE seems to be incorrectly priced as it is the same price as the standard edition so I won't be surprised if I get an e-mail about that but whatever price it'll be should be cheaper than everywhere else.

As of the time of posting, the LE of Wonder Egg Priority isn't up either, only the standard, so I'm not sure if that is an error, they're still updating the site or if they can't get stock, I hope it isn't the latter.

For now I've ordered the LE's of Demon Slayer and Hinamatsuri.

United Publications have the recently announced Funimation titles up to pre-order now.

Demon Slayer LE seems to be incorrectly priced as it is the same price as the standard edition so I won't be surprised if I get an e-mail about that but whatever price it'll be should be cheaper than everywhere else.

As of the time of posting, the LE of Wonder Egg Priority isn't up either, only the standard, so I'm not sure if that is an error, they're still updating the site or if they can't get stock, I hope it isn't the latter.

For now I've ordered the LE's of Demon Slayer and Hinamatsuri.
Demon slayer part 2 CE has been in there speical section for a while, so I can't see your order being a problem.
And all the Anime pricing on Demon slayer has always been a bit off (in my opinion anyway) when comparing standard and CE. I think ealry bird/2nd chance early bird price on the CE was £65 for both and standard was £55-60 for both (may have been a discount if bought the standards together). But that was early bird prices so not an option any more.

But looks like i'm cancelling my order for black clover LE S4 from zavvi and grabbing it from UP1.
also gonna grab hinatmasuri LE

Last edited:
Demon slayer part 2 CE has been in there speical section for a while, so I can't see your order being a problem.
And all the Anime pricing on Demon slayer has always been a bit off (in my opinion anyway) when comparing standard and CE. I think ealry bird/2nd chance early bird price on the CE was £65 for both and standard was £55-60 for both (may have been a discount if bought the standards together). But that was early bird prices so not an option any more.

But looks like i'm cancelling my order for black clover LE S4 and grabbing it from UP1.
also gonna grab hinatmasuri LE

Mugen Train is a Funimation release though and it says the RRP for the LE is £24.99, which is definitely wrong 😅

I'm not fussed if I have to pay around £35.00, I did pre-order an incorrectly priced LE from here before and they e-mailed me saying it was wrong.

You never know though, it could slip through the cracks.

Mugen Train is a Funimation release though and it says the RRP for the LE is £24.99, which is definitely wrong 😅

I'm not fussed if I have to pay around £35.00, I did pre-order an incorrectly priced LE from here before and they e-mailed me saying it was wrong.

You never know though, it could slip through the cracks.
Ahh yeah of course the film is in that bunch of funimation release, my brain glossed over it and that I'm in the funimation thread.
But yeah £25 could be a mis-price, so will have to wait and see.

Back