UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Very few, two smallish ones on the front of box for the paper wrap, one large one on the back of the box, pretty painless
My copy was very easy to remove the glue surprisingly
Thanks for the tip-off, folks. My copy of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled was exactly the same. 👍

While I'm here, I'm offering up the Funimation digital code for it. Details here for anyone interested:

Well that’s a kick in the teeth

redeemed the digital code for code Geass Akito, and it redeemed ok but nothing is in my library
Just redeemed mine as well as Death Parade. Code Geass: Akito the Exiled code worked but doesn't show up in the library also, while Death Parade does.

My guess is because Funimation doesn't have UK streaming/digital rights or something and if they do they probably forgot to unlock it.

redeemed the digital code for code Geass Akito, and it redeemed ok but nothing is in my library
The Funimation app is very hit or miss with what's available. Quite a few US digital codes work for the UK app if the shows available (A sister's all you need, Akashic Records, D-Frag etc) and some that aren't (Hundred) 😉

I'd put money it's just one guy who runs it and they have like 10 other jobs. I've noticed new releases don't unlock straight away and can take a month or longer (Steins;Gate movie)

Screenshot_20211212-115748_Funimation.jpgScreenshot_20211212-115728_Funimation.jpg

Just redeemed mine as well as Death Parade. Code Geass: Akito the Exiled code worked but doesn't show up in the library also, while Death Parade does.

My guess is because Funimation doesn't have UK streaming/digital rights or something and if they do they probably forgot to unlock it.
Thanks, glad to know it’s not just me
I’ve contacted support so will see what they say

something i noticed when i lined all 3 of my Code Geass CE boxes is the Akito box logo has better spine consistency with the Re;surrection box logo than most of their own multi release releases have, only nitpick is it's out by 10mm but better than nothing i guess

That's poor. ☹️

I believe @Geriatric hedgehog had that exact same problem with a Funimation digital code earlier this year.

I had the same issue with a code for ssss.gridman, which they do stream on their UK app so I wouldn't have thought in my case that would be a rights issue. I just put it down to their generally unreliable apps/software, if I'm putting it mildly...
Thanks, glad to know it’s not just me
I’ve contacted support so will see what they say
When I contacted them I didn't have much luck as they wanted copies of receipts or something along those lines, which I didn't have, so I just dropped it.

Has anyone picked up any the UK Region B Yu Yu Hakusho release? If so what's the audio/video/subtitle quality like? I love the series but have never actually owned it so I'm looking to get the best version, any difference between the Region A and B Funimation releases? They're probably the same discs but I'd hate to find out anything was missing further down the line.

Back