UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

For anyone who ordered with them United Publications have processed my order for MHA S4 P2 CE (which I also had bundled with the first part).

tried watching Shin Godzilla tonight after owning it for a while and had to turn it off after 25 minutes, the subtitle delay on spoken dialogue when onscreen text was being subbed got annoying, thought the english version disc was the movie but with the english text like in the funi US version but nope? it's just the dub? did this movie have a disc replacement thing for this problem or is it just manga being manga like usual?
I'm not aware of a disc replacement, but it might be worth you emailing them to check. As far as I know, that pattern of subbing on screen text before dialogue is just their house style, not an error, and it only breaks the experience of watching Shin Godzilla because it has constant on screen text. I ended up keeping the Hong Kong blu as my go-to copy of the movie, even though that one has severe black crush and doesn't sub any of the on screen text.

If you want a more sensible subtitle presentation of the movie, your best options are the Australian or US releases, AFAIK.

I'm not aware of a disc replacement, but it might be worth you emailing them to check. As far as I know, that pattern of subbing on screen text before dialogue is just their house style, not an error, and it only breaks the experience of watching Shin Godzilla because it has constant on screen text. I ended up keeping the Hong Kong blu as my go-to copy of the movie, even though that one has severe black crush and doesn't sub any of the on screen text.

If you want a more sensible subtitle presentation of the movie, your best options are the Australian or US releases, AFAIK.
If I'm correct, the US and Australian releases both use the masters that have the on screen text removed, but they still translate it in their subtitles (the same masters were used in Manga's release for the English dub version).

My copy of MHA S4 LE arrived! Finally. Preordered this back around January this year. Better late than never I suppose, and it looks to have arrived in good condition too so no worries there.

I got an email notification from Anime-On-Line saying my Hyouka Blu-ray LE from Funimation UK has shipped, so I guess that means maybe there are not any delays for that one (though if this is the case it is probably partly because this particular LE is a UK exclusive so they are not splitting stock for the LE with demand in the US?) Anyway, I look forward to receiving the product and rewatching the series again, fingers crossed the video and audio are good quality (I already own the US Funimation Essentials release but will be selling that on if this release is up to snuff), and I hope everyone else who pre-ordered gets theirs too without any delays :)

I got an email notification from Anime-On-Line saying my Hyouka Blu-ray LE from Funimation UK has shipped, so I guess that means maybe there are not any delays for that one (though if this is the case it is probably partly because this particular LE is a UK exclusive so they are not splitting stock for the LE with demand in the US?) Anyway, I look forward to receiving the product and rewatching the series again, fingers crossed the video and audio are good quality (I already own the US Funimation Essentials release but will be selling that on if this release is up to snuff), and I hope everyone else who pre-ordered gets theirs too without any delays :)
Funimation in the US never released a limited edition for Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, Hyouka and Nichijou so that's another factor to the mix. Death Parade did get an LE in the US, but it seems like the UK version will be different in content. Disc-wise Hyouka will be the same as the Anime Limited release which was the same as the US Funimation release.

I suspect the only ones that had massive delays were the US LEs brought over into the UK and the ones that did struggle were already out of print at that point (Plunderer still has stock in the US if Funimation delays it any further).

Surely they must when we've gotten DxD. Uzaki at its worst it tame, not even close to it.

Literally the first title that popped into my head when I read that. Yes the BBFC haven't passed everything uncut but there are quite a few ecchi/smut anime available here now and it's not like they're routinely shredded to ribbons by the censors.

It's got new discs that shouldn't have the issues like the old one.
wnQuUEj.gif

Not gonna lie, would be really funny if it still had the flicking issues for Season 1. Though I expect that part to be fixed.

Back