UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I ordered from HMV in March and they eventually cancelled it but February is stupid, especially since Amazon would have got stock even if no-one else did. What’s the status of your order?
Ordered on Febuary 25th. Just down as "Not yet dispatched". I'm not sure if Amazon actually got any stock of it.

I checked my email and I've had one email from Amazon each month since April, with the last one on August 4th. All the emails telling me "We're still trying to obtain the item(s) which you ordered on February 25 2021".

I was able to get a 52% refund for the K-On boxset from Amazon!
I can stomach £20 for this one since it’s up in the air whether Funi will release a fixed CE. Keeping my fingers crossed for anyone else that wants a partial refund through other retailers

Also yick that’s my tweet up there lol
Indeed it isn’t broken, turns out I was too impatient in waiting for the selection to stick. Not the most intuitive design but yeah, calling it broken would be a push. At the very least, it lets you mix dub and sub through the console menu instead of blocking it off like other releases do

Question: did Mangle cease to exist, replaced by Funimation UK, when I wasn't looking? It seems wrong to me that Manga is no more yet releases are still being Mangled, allah KON. I'm glad I forgot about KON's cheapo release due to my aversion to moe vs appreciation of Kyotomoe.

Question: did Mangle cease to exist, replaced by Funimation UK, when I wasn't looking? It seems wrong to me that Manga is no more yet releases are still being Mangled, allah KON. I'm glad I forgot about KON's cheapo release due to my aversion to moe vs appreciation of Kyotomoe.
Mangle got bought out by Funi, with Sony money, as far as most are aware, the staff is the same, just no more Jerome, whose gone to Arrow, So no more Mangle this side of the pond.

Not sure what I should do: return the K-On CE even though there's no information when (and if) there will be replacements OR keep it until a re-issued/fixed version is released and buy that one when it's released
Ask on twitter or mail them directly. Worth a shot than just remaining in limbo wondering.

Ask on twitter or mail them directly. Worth a shot than just remaining in limbo wondering.
Anime On Line doesn't know when the fixed version will be available and they are waiting for Funimation's statement. Funimation has only said that they will update on re-issue plans as soon as they can. No date has been given. Some retailers say that they have no information in replacements from publisher and they can't issue replacement.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-134019~3.png
    Screenshot_20210821-134019~3.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I've watched the rest of the K-on set and didn't spot any problems on discs 5-9, ie. season 2 and the movie. That's not a cast-iron guarantee that there aren't any, since I zoned out in places during some of the middle episodes of season 2.

So unless there are reports to the contrary elsewhere, the known issues all seem to be on season 1.
Disc 2 at 0:14:41 (episode 5)
Disc 2 at 0:32:31 (episode 6)
Disc 3 at 0:55:52 (episode 11)
Disc 4 at 1:04:09 (episode 14)

I'm still mulling over whether to send my copy back, since we don't know if they'll skip straight to standard editions for the reissue. I'm leaning towards keeping it at the moment. The only thing giving me pause is that blu-ray players don't last forever, and there's no telling how badly any future player I own might react to these discs.

So if you are one of those folks who imported the 4K release of Ghost in the Shell, the UK release is confirmed to be... the exact same, unless you like a different menu. I never expected the Japanese ending song to be amended but it seems they did not fix the odd audio issue (which is missing dialogue) at all.

LkMC04s.gif

So if you are one of those folks who imported the 4K release of Ghost in the Shell, the UK release is confirmed to be... the exact same, unless you like a different menu. I never expected the Japanese ending song to be amended but it seems they did not fix the odd audio issue (which is missing dialogue) at all.

LkMC04s.gif
For those wondering for the source on this: I imported the US disc last year, and have a copy of the UK disc to review for the site. It was brought up on the Discord last night, so I compared my discs.

Hoping for Funimation/Manga UK to license and release Free! Seasons 1-3. Importing from Madman Entertainment didn't work since they don't ship to Finland and apparently season 2 is out of print from them.

Hoping for Funimation/Manga UK to license and release Free! Seasons 1-3. Importing from Madman Entertainment didn't work since they don't ship to Finland and apparently season 2 is out of print from them.
Strangely I just asked a friend to ship S1 and S3 from Australia. Sorry your having issues.

Looks like Man-Funimation have finally realised that they can't let the Limited Editions hold their schedule hostage.

My Hero Academia S4P2 BD/DVD moves from Sept 6th to Sept 13th.
The LE moves from Sept 6th to Nov 1st.

EDIT: And I just got the e-mail from AoL that they've shipped my SE copy.

Last edited:
Looks like Man-Funimation have finally realised that they can't let the Limited Editions hold their schedule hostage.

My Hero Academia S2P2 BD/DVD moves from Sept 6th to Sept 13th.
The LE moves from Sept 6th to Nov 1st.

EDIT: And I just got the e-mail from AoL that they've shipped my SE copy.
Looking through the schedule of releases on Man/Funi, Plunderer 1,1 seems to have been scrubbed out again, even though 1,2 is still down for 1/11, so expect a slip again.

Back