UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I assume the high SRP is probably why those CEs had yet to sell out, because outside of the Early Bird those won't go for cheap.
That was my point, either because they weren't allowed or decided not to that price killed it for the casual fans brought in by streamers hyping it or having viewed it on Netflix.
Look at Your Name & Weathering With You they released the standard edition day and date and they're still perennial sellers.
In my opinion the lack of a standard cost them hundreds if not thousands of sales and the casuals won't remember it in another 6 months when they do (probably...) release them.

I'd put it down to the length of time between parts why they haven't sold as many, normal people don't like to wait nearly 7 months for a complete release, for a box to contain your boxes.
I class myself as an Anime fan, I can't put up with it.
As completely uninformed as I am I didn't even realise part two still doesn't come out for another month!?!?!? 😱 I assumed it came out months ago!!
I'll cut it slack for not having sold out just yet! But part one has been out for 6 months so no excuses haha

As completely uninformed as I am I didn't even realise part two still doesn't come out for another month!?!?!? 😱 I assumed it came out months ago!!
I'll cut it slack for not having sold out just yet! But part one has been out for 6 months so no excuses haha
Yeah Part 2 was supposed to come out 28th June, but it got delayed to 19th July lol.

I think it's kinda ridiculous to say they have no excuses. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and what issues they're facing. The anime industry is anything but simple.

I now realize this conversation has definitely evolved into one for the Anime Limited thread lol

Honestly I don't think an SE or faster release would have made any difference. Most people would have just streamed it on Crunchy and have been happy with that, I've seen a lot of people in my circles drop it after a few episodes anyway claiming it's pretty overhyped which admittedly it is. The bigger fans would have picked up the SE sure and the collectors will buy the CE.

I guess personally speaking I'm glad for the delay in favour for the outer box. I'll prefer the neater collection on my shelf and if I'm in the mood to watch it again I'll just stream it like I did with Konosuba 2 and the movie.

I think it's kinda ridiculous to say they have no excuses. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and what issues they're facing. The anime industry is anything but simple.

I now realize this conversation has definitely evolved into one for the Anime Limited thread lol
I said they had no excuse for part 1 not selling out in 6 months, not that there's a 7 month gap between parts. Just too be clear 🙂
I fully understand all distributors have been hit with delays and at this point I never take any release's 1st street date as the final one.

I said they had no excuse for part 1 not selling out in 6 months, not that there's a 7 month gap between parts. Just too be clear 🙂
I fully understand all distributors have been hit with delays and at this point I never take any release's 1st street date as the final one.
Ah I misread your post. Sorry about that.

Not that Animelab has been subsumed into Funimation Now they have now removed Interspecies Reviewer.

Not surprising at all, I so hate Funimation with a passion, and always have. I definitely made sure to pre-order the Interspecies Reviewers Blu-ray steelbook coming out in December from Rightstuf's adult label Critical Mass - thank goodness they are able to release it uncensored - and in a steelbook, no less!

Not surprising at all, I so hate Funimation with a passion, and always have. I definitely made sure to pre-order the Interspecies Reviewers Blu-ray steelbook coming out in December from Rightstuf's adult label Critical Mass - thank goodness they are able to release it uncensored - and in a steelbook, no less!
I'm actually tempted by that myself (also, NICE price), although Rightstuf charge a fortune for UK shipping now :(
Do they tend to region lock Blu-Rays on that label, do you know?

Honestly I don't understand why this series got so vilified when there have been so many other "borderline hentai" ecchi shows no-one seems to care about. I've watched some of it (admittedly in part due to hearing about it through the "controversies") and while it is certainly very risque at points, it's actually also quite a funny and enjoyable fantasy series and I find the characters quite fun and enjoyable to follow around on their antics.

I'm actually tempted by that myself (also, NICE price), although Rightstuf charge a fortune for UK shipping now :(
Do they tend to region lock Blu-Rays on that label, do you know?

Honestly I don't understand why this series got so vilified when there have been so many other "borderline hentai" ecchi shows no-one seems to care about. I've watched some of it (admittedly in part due to hearing about it through the "controversies") and while it is certainly very risque at points, it's actually also quite a funny and enjoyable fantasy series and I find the characters quite fun and enjoyable to follow around on their antics.
We're well off topic already considering this is a Funimation UK thread but I may as well weigh in. The main difference between this and other borderline shows is that Interspecies Reviewers actually showed genitalia IIRC. Also important to note that this isn't an issue exclusive to Funimation. Multiple TV stations in Japan also cancelled their broadcast because of this and the manga is much tamer from what I hear.

I can't really fault Funimation for dropping the series as they're pretty much the victim of miscommunication. Only makes sense for them to remove it from their Australian service.

We're well off topic already considering this is a Funimation UK thread but I may as well weigh in. The main difference between this and other borderline shows is that Interspecies Reviewers actually showed genitalia IIRC.
That was only during the opening theme song which was supposed to have been censored in the first place (I think it was Taiwan that had them completely uncensored).

2021-06-23_4.png

Honestly, Funi UK just lot of trust and respect at this point.
I already have Fruits Basket S2 Part 2.
Never buying a Funi UK show again unless they sort themselves out.
People that don't have Muitl Region Free players now it's the best chance to get one.

Back