UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

what are the problems with the discs mangauk will use for K-on? How does it for instance compare to the Sentai ultimate collection? Want to figure out which to buy.
Going by the Funimation streams (which evidently came true for CLANNAD), the K-On! discs Manga currently have (atm) are the old Bandai Entertainment masters for Season 1 (which were released in four parts, hence 4 Blu-ray discs) and the old Sentai Filmworks collection disc masters for Season 2 (which received two parts, hence 4 Blu-ray discs also) as well as the old Sentai release for K-On! the Movie (the same one Manga released on Blu-ray years ago).

Sentai are known in recent years for basically improving their releases for every re-release. The Ultimate Collection release, which is 7 discs in total, improves on most of the issues (I believe there's an audio issue in Season 2 that wasn't fixed in the re-author but everything else was improved for the better). Also remember those K-On! shorts that were initially exclusive to the Japanese Blu-ray box? That's included in the Ultimate Collection release.

Sentai are known in recent years for basically improving their releases for every re-release. The Ultimate Collection release, which is 7 discs in total, improves on most of the issues (I believe there's an audio issue in Season 2 that wasn't fixed in the re-author but everything else was improved for the better). Also remember those K-On! shorts that were initially exclusive to the Japanese Blu-ray box? That's included in the Ultimate Collection release.

Okay so I should probably go with the ultimate collection release I guess then

It’s really annoying some manga releases still have the amazon bug where they won’t ship to Europe, anime limited sorted this but loads of manga releases are still effected
Most noteable every Dbz season after s2 and Clannad CE, the Clannad standard ships fine

I'd genuinely never heard of Infinite Dendrogram until I saw Funi's LE of it.

K-On spine is the wrong way round,.. but good it's finally getting a UK blu-ray.

Good to see Yu Yu Hakusho too.

Would love to see Haruhi get that LE set brought over to the UK next (my biggest import regret missing out on.) Although I'm not sure if funimation would be willing to give a limited edition a "re-release" even though it would be in a different region.

And as an aside, the older, Kyoto Animation titles are very nice, but hardly a brave step at all.
Yet not Free or phantom world. They aren’t even doing the “risky” shows. I hate calling free as risky as it why I’m a KyoAni fan, no phantom world either why get the backlog out if you aren’t even going complete the set for people. Free cant be a risk in America and here they have the orchestra concert streaming that couldn’t have been a cheap.

Yet not Free or phantom world. They aren’t even doing the “risky” shows. I hate calling free as risky as it why I’m a KyoAni fan, no phantom world either why get the backlog out if you aren’t even going complete the set for people. Free cant be a risk in America and here they have the orchestra concert streaming that couldn’t have been a cheap.
Free? Never heard of it, lol. Heh, just last week I gave the next door neighbor girl the big folded Free poster from inside one of the Japanese Newtype Magazines I add to my Amazon JP orders - for free (pun-intended), since I have no interest in that series.

From the current slate my only interests will be for:
  • Gleipnir
  • Infinite Dendrogram
  • No Guns Life Season 2
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
K-On! would have been included but for similar reasons to CLANNAD, I'll be getting the US release as it currently stands.

I'll follow through and purchase with what I hoped for and now want to get with Gleipnir and think about a few others in future (NGL S2, YYH etc). Thankful for whoever is buying the part sets of Black Clover :D.

Not a wash at all, and there's stuff that hasn't come out yet that been delayed multiple times at this point I would like to come out.

I’m glad we’re getting the Dendrogram CE, but still a disappointing start for Funimation in the UK.

No Nekopara
No Goblin Slayer Movie
No Uzaki-chan
No Asteroid in Love
No Wave Listen To Me
No Smile Down The Runway
No Isekai Quartet 1 or 2
No Diary of Our Days At Breakwater

It is a shame Uzaki-chan isn't there. I'll give it a bit in case some stuff hasn't yet been finalised due to the merger (perhaps there were legal issues that meant some titles had deals to be brought over now and others need to go through approval) but if it doesn't come out here I'll have to import that one.

Dendrogram was a surprise, though a nice one since I was eying the series and did think it was a nice looking CE.

ZAVVI

Ongoing deal: 2 for £25 Blu-Ray & 4K UHD
(There are a few titles not included in the Anime category hence why I haven't adjusted the selection).

NEW IN: MANGA ENTERTAINMENT

FRESH OFF THE PRESS! We've got some sensational releases from Manga Entertainment for you this evening! Including limited edition releases for Clannad & Clannad After Story, Cannon Busters and, of course, Attack on Titan, you won't want to miss out on these!

Back