UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

K-On! is coming to Blu-ray this August.

EzkcPvjWUAEzRZG

9 discs in total, which matches the amount used for the old versions of the series in other regions [4 for Season 1, 4 for Season 2, 1 for K-On! The Movie].

K-On! is coming to Blu-ray this August.

EzkcPvjWUAEzRZG

9 discs in total, which matches the amount used for the old versions of the series in other regions [4 for Season 1, 4 for Season 2, 1 for K-On! The Movie].
I am amused that the first announcement they make after the merge is a non-shonen.

insert jokes here about how we are reaping the benefits already

I’m glad we’re getting the Dendrogram CE, but still a disappointing start for Funimation in the UK.

No Nekopara
No Goblin Slayer Movie
No Uzaki-chan
No Asteroid in Love
No Wave Listen To Me
No Smile Down The Runway
No Isekai Quartet 1 or 2
No Diary of Our Days At Breakwater

I’m glad we’re getting the Dendrogram CE, but still a disappointing start for Funimation in the UK.

No Nekopara
No Goblin Slayer Movie
No Uzaki-chan
No Asteroid in Love
No Wave Listen To Me
No Smile Down The Runway
No Isekai Quartet 1 or 2
No Diary of Our Days At Breakwater
No one likes ripping into them more than me but they literally just merged and you're like "so why isn't your entire back catalogue available yet?"

Am I mistaken or is that the first BR release for Gleipnir?

That Black Clover box looks huge, it says it just houses Season 3, the whole lot must be really long!

There are problem-free but expensive Japanese sets of K-On season 1 & 2 with English subs.

btw, season 1 episode 1 has altered music in the international releases.

Do we know if they will finish the "HunterxHunter" collection as well as the "Black Clover" collection that we only have two parts of yet?

Am I mistaken or is that the first BR release for Gleipnir?
It's out in the US in July as well.

Kinda expected it to be honest coming here. It's a Seinen but carries an ecchi tag so made sense why it's here. Given the 3 things I wanted to look for were Arte, Wave, Listen to Me! and Gleipnir, i'll take the one I expected given the general Funimation UK aversion to stories about women that aren't either ecchi or shounen type shows (or Fruits Basket) stops the other two likely coming here.

And as an aside, the older, Kyoto Animation titles are very nice, but hardly a brave step at all.

Last edited:
Compare to Q3 2020 this slate is a letdown.
Too much shounen and generic action series.

Also, why release a BC S3 boxset when the other two boxsets haven't release here and they are currently OOP?
Let's pray that combo packs won't be a thing again in the near future.

Will be buying K-On, Hakusho and No Guns Life S2 and importing the rest.

Hope this is a humble beginning.

what are the problems with the discs mangauk will use for K-on? How does it for instance compare to the Sentai ultimate collection? Want to figure out which to buy.

Back