UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

I was all up for some LE releases from Manga, but not at these prices.
The reason Goblin Slayer LE sold out so quick was because it was about £45, which is a reasonable price for the UK market.

As soon as I saw the news, I immediately cancelled my pre-order of Funi's SSSS.Gridman CE on Amazon US, and I will now wait for either Amazon UK or Anime-on-line (MVM) to put it up for pre-order. I might also get Zombie Land Saga too.

Back when the Q1 slate was revealed, about a fifth of the line-up was missing on Amazon and recently they have now finally surfaced, so here's the remaining bunch. The Limited Editions were also added about a week ago.
(Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links, which will support me if you buy anything through the links provided.)

I got in contact with Manga to ask about the "JoJo's Blizarre Adventure" typo on the slipcover and they said they're going to change that in the next printrun. Unfortunately, they will not offer replacements... Disappointing.

I got in contact with Manga to ask about the "JoJo's Blizarre Adventure" typo on the slipcover and they said they're going to change that in the next printrun. Unfortunately, they will not offer replacements... Disappointing.
That's Manga in a nutshell. They fixed the Stand Alone Complex discs in the standard edition and refused to replace discs for CE owners.

Was there something wrong that release? I've got the double-case in a flimsy box release of SAC (Complete Series Collection). Something I should know?
I don't own it personally, but I believe that's the corrected version.

The original had misplaced chapter marks on some discs. That was the big bulky box set version that also included The Laughing Man, Individual Eleven and Solid State Society. It was a limited-edition release.

I don't own it personally, but I believe that's the corrected version.

The original had misplaced chapter marks on some discs. That was the big bulky box set version that also included The Laughing Man, Individual Eleven and Solid State Society. It was a limited-edition release.
Ah, the Zavvi one maybe?

Yeah, I got the Zavvi Exclusive CE set, and asked about replacement discs and got turned down, so I waited for the Standard set to go on sale and bought one of those to use the discs for replacements. 😕

What was worse was my original package arrived severely damaged here in the US, and it took almost two months of haggling to get the damaged set returned to the UK and them to ship a replacement because the sets went OOP before the damaged one got back to them, and when they finally got a few more sets made, the replacement set arrived damaged as well. Fortunately a fellow US forum member swapped CE sets with me in the mail; his was pretty much undamaged and he didn't mind the slight damage on my copy, so I was finally able to get a good set. With bad chapter markers, of course... Thus my purchase of the Standard set. What an ordeal! 😥

Here is the set included in my, uh, somewhat excessively overgrown Ghost in the Shell anime collection:

gitsall33.jpg

Last edited:
What was worse was my original package arrived severely damaged here in the US, and it took almost two months of haggling to get the damaged set returned to the UK and them to ship a replacement because the sets went OOP before the damaged one got back to them, and when they finally got a few more sets made, the replacement set arrived damaged as well. Fortunately a fellow US forum member swapped CE sets with me in the mail; his was pretty much undamaged and he didn't mind the slight damage on my copy, so I was finally able to get a good set. With bad chapter markers, of course... Thus my purchase of the Standard set. What an ordeal! 😥

Here is the set included in my, uh, somewhat excessively overgrown Ghost in the Shell anime collection:

gitsall33.jpg
That's an impressive collection you got there. I can definitely see why you wanted that CE, it looks pretty dope!

The original had misplaced chapter marks on some discs.
Phew, glad that’s all it was, still haven’t watched those discs yet and was becoming concerned by this conversation. If I’m watching something I’m going to watch entire episodes, so chapter markers really mean nothing to me.

Phew, glad that’s all it was, still haven’t watched those discs yet and was becoming concerned by this conversation. If I’m watching something I’m going to watch entire episodes, so chapter markers really mean nothing to me.
If I remember correctly (from chat around the time) it was the first marker, would start in the episode instead of at the end of the OP. And then only the first couple of discs.
And, yeah, won't bother me, who in their right mind would want to skip Inner Universe!

Back